* [U-Boot-Users] FCC2 issue on PQ2FADS
@ 2005-01-06 21:22 Kumar Gala
From: Kumar Gala @ 2005-01-06 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I've got a new PQ2FADS board and am having issues with FCC2.  I'm using
the 1.1.2 release, we seem to be able to transmit but not receive
packets.

Any ideas?

- kumar

* [U-Boot-Users] FCC2 issue on PQ2FADS
@ 2005-01-07 13:38 ` Jerry Van Baren
From: Jerry Van Baren @ 2005-01-07 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Kumar Gala wrote:
> I've got a new PQ2FADS board and am having issues with FCC2.  I'm using
> the 1.1.2 release, we seem to be able to transmit but not receive packets.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - kumar

* Are you sure your patch cord is OK?

* How do you know it isn't receiving packets?

* How do you know it is transmitting packets?  Have you sniffed your
ether with ethereal and verified the Tx packets are properly formed (see
next bullet)?

* Are you sure your IP address and MAC are OK (WARNING: arbitrarily
chosen MACs always seem to be illegal -- must be a corollary to Murphy's
law)

* Are you aware that u-boot does not respond to "ping" (you can ping
another machine from the command prompt, but u-boot won't respond if you
ping _it_ from another machine)?

gvb

* [U-Boot-Users] FCC2 issue on PQ2FADS
@ 2005-01-07 16:49 ` Yuli Barcohen
From: Yuli Barcohen @ 2005-01-07 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

    Kumar> I've got a new PQ2FADS board and am having issues with FCC2.
    Kumar> I'm using the 1.1.2 release, we seem to be able to transmit
    Kumar> but not receive packets.

    Kumar> Any ideas?

Is the board connected to the LAN using hub? If yes, try switch. There
can be problems with half-duplex link.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel

* [U-Boot-Users] FCC2 issue on PQ2FADS
@ 2005-01-07 23:27   ` Kumar Gala
From: Kumar Gala @ 2005-01-07 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Jan 7, 2005, at 7:38 AM, Jerry Van Baren wrote:

> Kumar Gala wrote:
>  > I've got a new PQ2FADS board and am having issues with FCC2.? I'm
> using
> > the 1.1.2 release, we seem to be able to transmit but not receive
> packets.
>  >
> > Any ideas?
>  >
> > - kumar
>
> * Are you sure your patch cord is OK?

Yes, tried several

> * How do you know it isn't receiving packets?
>
> * How do you know it is transmitting packets?? Have you sniffed your
> ether with ethereal and verified the Tx packets are properly formed
> (see
> next bullet)?

I see ARP requests on the host machine, using tcpdump.

> * Are you sure your IP address and MAC are OK (WARNING: arbitrarily
> chosen MACs always seem to be illegal -- must be a corollary to
> Murphy's
> law)

I'm using MAC address assigned for out internal use.

> * Are you aware that u-boot does not respond to "ping" (you can ping
> another machine from the command prompt, but u-boot won't respond if
> you
> ping _it_ from another machine)?

I'm pinging from u-boot to host.

- kumar

* [U-Boot-Users] FCC2 issue on PQ2FADS
@ 2005-01-07 23:28   ` Kumar Gala
From: Kumar Gala @ 2005-01-07 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Jan 7, 2005, at 10:49 AM, Yuli Barcohen wrote:

> ??? Kumar> I've got a new PQ2FADS board and am having issues with FCC2.
>  ??? Kumar> I'm using the 1.1.2 release, we seem to be able to transmit
>  ??? Kumar> but not receive packets.
>
> ??? Kumar> Any ideas?
>
> Is the board connected to the LAN using hub? If yes, try switch. There
>  can be problems with half-duplex link.

I've tried both a hub & switch.  One odd thing was that the hub was
reporting half duplex, but the board was report full.  I tried
modifying the fcc_psmr to match, but that only made things worse.

I need to try using the other ethernet port and see what happens.

- kumar