* git svn "error": RA layer request failed: MERGE of [path]: 200 OK
@ 2010-03-29 12:29 Chris Shenton
From: Chris Shenton @ 2010-03-29 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I'm using git svn to talk to an SVN repo accessed by https.  When I try to dcommit a change I get something which appears to be an error, but if I understand the reponse code it's talking about, it seems OK:

> $ git svn dcommit
> Committing to https://koansys.com/svn/dha/buildout/branches/buildout_xdv ...
> 	M	buildout.cfg
> RA layer request failed: MERGE of '/Svn/dha/buildout/branches/buildout_xdv': 200 OK (https://koansys.com) at /usr/local/Cellar/git/1.6.6.1/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 564

I thought this one had failed, and tried again, but it indicated doing so was a merge conflict:

> $ git svn dcommit
> Committing to https://koansys.com/svn/dha/buildout/branches/buildout_xdv ...
> Merge conflict during commit: File or directory 'buildout.cfg' is out of date; try updating: resource out of date; try updating at /usr/local/Cellar/git/1.6.6.1/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 564

Can anyone explain the first message? Is it a git problem, an svn problem, or something else?

Thanks.

* Re: git svn "error": RA layer request failed: MERGE of [path]: 200 OK
@ 2010-04-11  1:04 ` Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2010-04-11  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Shenton; +Cc: git

Chris Shenton <chris@koansys.com> wrote:
> I'm using git svn to talk to an SVN repo accessed by https.  When I try to dcommit a change I get something which appears to be an error, but if I understand the reponse code it's talking about, it seems OK:
>
> > $ git svn dcommit
> > Committing to https://koansys.com/svn/dha/buildout/branches/buildout_xdv ...
> > 	M	buildout.cfg
> > RA layer request failed: MERGE of '/Svn/dha/buildout/branches/buildout_xdv': 200 OK (https://koansys.com) at /usr/local/Cellar/git/1.6.6.1/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 564
>
> I thought this one had failed, and tried again, but it indicated doing so was a merge conflict:
> >
> > $ git svn dcommit
> > Committing to https://koansys.com/svn/dha/buildout/branches/buildout_xdv ...
> > Merge conflict during commit: File or directory 'buildout.cfg' is out of date; try updating: resource out of date; try updating at /usr/local/Cellar/git/1.6.6.1/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 564
>
> Can anyone explain the first message? Is it a git problem, an svn problem, or something else?

Hi Chris,

Did somebody commit a conflicting change to the "buildout.cfg" file?
That looks like what happened.

--
Eric Wong