* [tpm2] tpm2_createprimary question about unique field
@ 2020-02-13  1:12 Rowan Moul
From: Rowan Moul @ 2020-02-13  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

What is the purpose of appending 0x00 0x01 to the beginning of the unique data? I'm sure it's just something obvious that I'm not seeing, but I can't seem to figure it out despite looking over the code and reading through TCG documents.
All I can determine is that I get a "buffer_size: 4096 with offset: 46 are insufficient for object of size 51919" error if I don't have it. The object size reported varies depending on data that I pass in. The amount of data is always 32 random bytes in my tests, but randomly generated. The object size seems far too large, which leads me to believe that something is reading past the end of the file, although I didn't see any obvious issues in the code that reads the files.

It seems like more explanation is needed on the man page about the required format of this file, as the description given doesn't lead to the successful creation of a primary key unless you understand that you are supposed to add that to the front of the file rather than it just being an example.

Thanks,

Rowan