* [Qemu-devel] Delegating tasks for the GitHub mirror
@ 2014-02-17 12:09 Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2014-02-17 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori, Peter Maydell; +Cc: qemu-devel

Hi Anthony,

I would like to get the Travis tests up and running on the "official"
QEMU GitHub mirror to try and shorten the loop between the build
breaking and people being notified. I'm quite happy to set this up if
you add me to the QEMU organisation (my GitHub username is: stsquad).

There are also hooks I can set-up into IRC so the #qemu channel can be
notified when the build breaks.

We can also experiment with auto-testing pull requests but I think the
first step is to ensure master is fixed as soon as possible when the
build breaks.

Cheers,

--
Alex Bennée
QEMU/KVM Hacker for Linaro

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Delegating tasks for the GitHub mirror
@ 2014-02-17 12:17 ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2014-02-17 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Bennée; +Cc: qemu-devel, Anthony Liguori

On 17 February 2014 12:09, Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@linaro.org> wrote:
> I would like to get the Travis tests up and running on the "official"
> QEMU GitHub mirror to try and shorten the loop between the build
> breaking and people being notified. I'm quite happy to set this up if
> you add me to the QEMU organisation (my GitHub username is: stsquad).

As a side-note, I think it would be useful if we documented
somewhere who has relevant admin rights for various bits of
QEMU infrastructure:
 * direct commit access
 * QEMU wiki admin/bureaucrat rights
 * github mirror admin
 * sysadmin contacts for whatever host is running qemu-project.org
 * mailing list admin
 * other semi-official things if relevant (eg we have a
   project set up on the coverity scan website)

Does anybody think there's a good reason for this info
not to simply be public on the wiki?

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Delegating tasks for the GitHub mirror
@ 2014-02-17 12:44   ` Liguori, Anthony
From: Liguori, Anthony @ 2014-02-17 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, Alex Bennée; +Cc: qemu-devel

Mailing list admins should be all admins on Savannah.

I'd have to dig up who has what rights on the wiki.  The only thing that I really locked down was the download page and the main page.

Stefan Hajnoczi and I have root to qemu-project.org but quite a few people have non-root accounts.  Also OSUSL admins have access (obviously I guess).

github mirror is just me ATM.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

@ 2014-02-17 15:41   ` Markus Armbruster
From: Markus Armbruster @ 2014-02-17 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: Alex Bennée, qemu-devel, Anthony Liguori

Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> writes:

> On 17 February 2014 12:09, Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@linaro.org> wrote:
>> I would like to get the Travis tests up and running on the "official"
>> QEMU GitHub mirror to try and shorten the loop between the build
>> breaking and people being notified. I'm quite happy to set this up if
>> you add me to the QEMU organisation (my GitHub username is: stsquad).
>
> As a side-note, I think it would be useful if we documented
> somewhere who has relevant admin rights for various bits of
> QEMU infrastructure:
>  * direct commit access
>  * QEMU wiki admin/bureaucrat rights
>  * github mirror admin
>  * sysadmin contacts for whatever host is running qemu-project.org
>  * mailing list admin
>  * other semi-official things if relevant (eg we have a
>    project set up on the coverity scan website)
>
> Does anybody think there's a good reason for this info
> not to simply be public on the wiki?

I can think only of reasons for this info to be public on the Wiki.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Delegating tasks for the GitHub mirror
@ 2014-02-17 19:05     ` Stefan Weil
From: Stefan Weil @ 2014-02-17 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Armbruster, Peter Maydell; +Cc: qemu-devel, Anthony Liguori

Am 17.02.2014 16:41, schrieb Markus Armbruster:
> Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> writes:
>
>> On 17 February 2014 12:09, Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@linaro.org> wrote:
>>> I would like to get the Travis tests up and running on the "official"
>>> QEMU GitHub mirror to try and shorten the loop between the build
>>> breaking and people being notified. I'm quite happy to set this up if
>>> you add me to the QEMU organisation (my GitHub username is: stsquad).
>>
>> As a side-note, I think it would be useful if we documented
>> somewhere who has relevant admin rights for various bits of
>> QEMU infrastructure:
>>  * direct commit access
>>  * QEMU wiki admin/bureaucrat rights
>>  * github mirror admin
>>  * sysadmin contacts for whatever host is running qemu-project.org
>>  * mailing list admin
>>  * other semi-official things if relevant (eg we have a
>>    project set up on the coverity scan website)
>>
>> Does anybody think there's a good reason for this info
>> not to simply be public on the wiki?
>
> I can think only of reasons for this info to be public on the Wiki.

IMHO, this info should be on the wiki.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/qemu and
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git also need maintenance. I could
help if this is required. Or do we want to preserve this site as a
memorial of the old days? Then this should be clear for anybody who
stumbles over QEMU on Savannah.

Cheers,
Stefan