* Meta Intel / Cedartrail / Denzil - how to get unionfs in the kernel
@ 2012-10-07  0:42 Chris Tapp
From: Chris Tapp @ 2012-10-07  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

I' trying to enable unionfs in the 3.0.32 kernel for the cedartrail BSP under Denzil 7.0.1.

However, the CONFIG_UNION_FS config flag isn't in the .config ...

Is there something else I need to enable, or do I need to find another way?

Chris Tapp

opensource@keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com

* Re: Meta Intel / Cedartrail / Denzil - how to get unionfs in the kernel
@ 2012-10-07  2:00 ` Saxena, Rahul
From: Saxena, Rahul @ 2012-10-07  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Tapp, yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

Try adding the unionfs feature (below) to your kernel:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.0/tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/unionfs?h=meta

create a file my_cedartrail.scc with following line:
include features/unionfs/unionfs.scc

put this file in a dir linux-yocto, the dir being created in

meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux

add following line in  meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/Linux/linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend

SRC_URI +="file://my_cedartrail.scc"

Rebuild..

Thanks
Rahul

@ 2012-10-07 21:08   ` Chris Tapp
From: Chris Tapp @ 2012-10-07 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saxena, Rahul; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On 7 Oct 2012, at 03:00, Saxena, Rahul wrote:

> Try adding the unionfs feature (below) to your kernel:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.0/tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/unionfs?h=meta
>
> create a file my_cedartrail.scc with following line:
> include features/unionfs/unionfs.scc
>
> put this file in a dir linux-yocto, the dir being created in
>
> meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux
>
> add following line in  meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/Linux/linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend
>
> SRC_URI +="file://my_cedartrail.scc"

Thanks - I thought just running 'menuconfig' would allow me to enable it (for a quick test).

However, this still doesn't seem to be working. I can see that 'my_cedartrail.scc' gets fetched in to the build area, but I still don't see CONFIG_UNION_FS if I run 'menuconfig'. There is also no 'unionfs' folder in fs/ of the build tree.

Also, if I specify an invalid feature (e.g. feature2/unionfs/unionfs.scc) I'm not seeing any diagnostic.

@ 2012-10-07 21:41     ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2012-10-07 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Tapp; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource@keylevel.com> wrote:
> On 7 Oct 2012, at 03:00, Saxena, Rahul wrote:
>
>> Try adding the unionfs feature (below) to your kernel:
>>
>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.0/tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/unionfs?h=meta
>>
>> create a file my_cedartrail.scc with following line:
>> include features/unionfs/unionfs.scc
>>
>> put this file in a dir linux-yocto, the dir being created in
>>
>> meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux
>>
>> add following line in  meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/Linux/linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend
>>
>> SRC_URI +="file://my_cedartrail.scc"
>
> Thanks - I thought just running 'menuconfig' would allow me to enable it (for a quick test).
>
> However, this still doesn't seem to be working. I can see that 'my_cedartrail.scc' gets fetched in to the build area, but I still don't see CONFIG_UNION_FS if I run 'menuconfig'. There is also no 'unionfs' folder in fs/ of the build tree.
>
> Also, if I specify an invalid feature (e.g. feature2/unionfs/unionfs.scc) I'm not seeing any diagnostic.

unionfs was never merged to the 3.0 kernel, I re-added it to the development
trees for 3.2 and the 3.4 kernel (aufs for the 3.6 tree at the moment). The meta
data is carried forward from the older kernels as a placeholder and is
documented
in the .scc file itself:

-----------------------
kconf non-hardware unionfs.cfg

# commented pending update to a newer version ported to 2.6.35+
# patch unionfs-2.5.4-integration.patch
-----------------------

So to get unionfs in the 3.0 kernel, we'd need a port .. but since
we've moved on
quite a bit past 3.0, I don't know of any pending ports myself.

Cheers,

Bruce

thee at its end"

* Re: Meta Intel / Cedartrail / Denzil - how to get unionfs in the kernel
@ 2012-10-08  7:58       ` Chris Tapp
From: Chris Tapp @ 2012-10-08  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On 7 Oct 2012, at 22:41, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource@keylevel.com> wrote:
>> On 7 Oct 2012, at 03:00, Saxena, Rahul wrote:
>>
>>> Try adding the unionfs feature (below) to your kernel:
>>>
>>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.0/tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/unionfs?h=meta
>>>
>>> create a file my_cedartrail.scc with following line:
>>> include features/unionfs/unionfs.scc
>>>
>>> put this file in a dir linux-yocto, the dir being created in
>>>
>>> meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux
>>>
>>> add following line in  meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/Linux/linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend
>>>
>>> SRC_URI +="file://my_cedartrail.scc"
>>
>> Thanks - I thought just running 'menuconfig' would allow me to enable it (for a quick test).
>>
>> However, this still doesn't seem to be working. I can see that 'my_cedartrail.scc' gets fetched in to the build area, but I still don't see CONFIG_UNION_FS if I run 'menuconfig'. There is also no 'unionfs' folder in fs/ of the build tree.
>>
>> Also, if I specify an invalid feature (e.g. feature2/unionfs/unionfs.scc) I'm not seeing any diagnostic.
>
> unionfs was never merged to the 3.0 kernel, I re-added it to the development
> trees for 3.2 and the 3.4 kernel (aufs for the 3.6 tree at the moment). The meta
> data is carried forward from the older kernels as a placeholder and is
> documented
> in the .scc file itself:
>
> -----------------------
> kconf non-hardware unionfs.cfg
>
> # commented pending update to a newer version ported to 2.6.35+
> # patch unionfs-2.5.4-integration.patch
> -----------------------
>
> So to get unionfs in the 3.0 kernel, we'd need a port .. but since
> we've moved on
> quite a bit past 3.0, I don't know of any pending ports myself.

Thanks Bruce.

I guess I need to ask the Intel guys if there are any plans to move Cedartrail on from 3.0 ?

@ 2012-10-08 14:00         ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2012-10-08 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Tapp; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Chris Tapp <opensource@keylevel.com> wrote:
> On 7 Oct 2012, at 22:41, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

>>> Thanks - I thought just running 'menuconfig' would allow me to enable it (for a quick test).
>>>
>>> However, this still doesn't seem to be working. I can see that 'my_cedartrail.scc' gets fetched in to the build area, but I still don't see CONFIG_UNION_FS if I run 'menuconfig'. There is also no 'unionfs' folder in fs/ of the build tree.
>>>
>>> Also, if I specify an invalid feature (e.g. feature2/unionfs/unionfs.scc) I'm not seeing any diagnostic.
>>
>> unionfs was never merged to the 3.0 kernel, I re-added it to the development
>> trees for 3.2 and the 3.4 kernel (aufs for the 3.6 tree at the moment). The meta
>> data is carried forward from the older kernels as a placeholder and is
>> documented
>> in the .scc file itself:
>>
>> -----------------------
>> kconf non-hardware unionfs.cfg
>>
>> # commented pending update to a newer version ported to 2.6.35+
>> # patch unionfs-2.5.4-integration.patch
>> -----------------------
>>
>> So to get unionfs in the 3.0 kernel, we'd need a port .. but since
>> we've moved on
>> quite a bit past 3.0, I don't know of any pending ports myself.
>
> Thanks Bruce.
>
> I guess I need to ask the Intel guys if there are any plans to move Cedartrail on from 3.0 ?

It will have to happen post yocto 1.3 (as far as I know), since the
3.0 kernel will be
dropped at that point.

For the short term, it's likely easier to backport/update unionfs than
it would be to
update the BSP .. but I can't speak for the time to be spent doing it :)

Cheers,

Bruce

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Bruce

thee at its end"

* Re: Meta Intel / Cedartrail / Denzil - how to get unionfs in the kernel
@ 2012-10-08 16:28           ` Saxena, Rahul
From: Saxena, Rahul @ 2012-10-08 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield, Chris Tapp; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

> On 7 Oct 2012, at 22:41, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

>>> Thanks - I thought just running 'menuconfig' would allow me to enable it (for a quick test).
>>>
>>> However, this still doesn't seem to be working. I can see that 'my_cedartrail.scc' gets fetched in to the build area, but I still don't see CONFIG_UNION_FS if I run 'menuconfig'. There is also no 'unionfs' folder in fs/ of the build tree.
>>>
>>> Also, if I specify an invalid feature (e.g. feature2/unionfs/unionfs.scc) I'm not seeing any diagnostic.
>>
>> unionfs was never merged to the 3.0 kernel, I re-added it to the
>> development trees for 3.2 and the 3.4 kernel (aufs for the 3.6 tree
>> at the moment). The meta data is carried forward from the older
>> kernels as a placeholder and is documented in the .scc file itself:
>>
>> -----------------------
>> kconf non-hardware unionfs.cfg
>>
>> # commented pending update to a newer version ported to 2.6.35+ #
>> patch unionfs-2.5.4-integration.patch
>> -----------------------
>>
>> So to get unionfs in the 3.0 kernel, we'd need a port .. but since
>> we've moved on quite a bit past 3.0, I don't know of any pending
>> ports myself.
>
> Thanks Bruce.
>
> I guess I need to ask the Intel guys if there are any plans to move Cedartrail on from 3.0 ?

It will have to happen post yocto 1.3 (as far as I know), since the
3.0 kernel will be
dropped at that point.

For the short term, it's likely easier to backport/update unionfs than it would be to update the BSP .. but I can't speak for the time to be spent doing it :)

Cheers,

Bruce

Chris,

There are no plans to port Cedartrail BSP to support any other Kernel other than 3.0. The reason is that
the Cedartrail PVR Graphics driver is supported only for 3.0 kernel.

Rahul

--

@ 2012-10-08 16:35         ` Bodke, Kishore K
From: Bodke, Kishore K @ 2012-10-08 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Tapp, Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

If the interest is to have unionfs, you can still get it from 3.2 or 3.4 Kernel.

But the downside is you will be missing the PVR Graphics and will be falling back to the
basic vesa graphics mode.

PVR graphics has support only for  3.0 kernel only, so we had only put the 3.0 kernel recipe in the meta-intel.

We do not have plans to port PVR graphics to 3.4 kernel.

We can update the Cedartrail BSP to have 3.2 and 3.4 kernel but it will be vesa graphics support only.

Thanks
Kishore.

* Re: Meta Intel / Cedartrail / Denzil - how to get unionfs in the kernel
@ 2012-10-08 20:02           ` Chris Tapp
From: Chris Tapp @ 2012-10-08 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodke, Kishore K; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On 8 Oct 2012, at 17:35, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:

> [...]

Tricky. One of the reasons for specifying Cedartrail was the accelerated graphics. However, I've got code running without acceleration and it looks like it should be fast enough to do what I need without it.

> PVR graphics has support only for  3.0 kernel only, so we had only put the 3.0 kernel recipe in the meta-intel.
>
> We do not have plans to port PVR graphics to 3.4 kernel.

That's a pity, as this platform has a very good level of performance. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for Ivy Bridge graphics ;-)

> We can update the Cedartrail BSP to have 3.2 and 3.4 kernel but it will be vesa graphics support only.

How much work would this take? It looks like there is no unification FS support in 3.0 that I could use instead, but this is only for a low-volume project and I wouldn't like to think it was using resource that could be deployed more effectively else where.

Thanks for your input on this - looks like I may need to revise my deployment strategy for this project ;-)

@ 2012-10-08 20:18             ` Tom Zanussi
From: Tom Zanussi @ 2012-10-08 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Tapp; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 21:02 +0100, Chris Tapp wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2012, at 17:35, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:

Another option would be to try to do the kernel work needed to move the
driver to a later kernel - we have a similar situation with EMGD, which
also typically lags by a few kernel versions, so we just go ahead and
fix up whatever needs fixing up for the later kernels in order to keep
it working as we uprev the kernels.

Since 3.0 is going away soon and there seems to be interest in Cedar
Trail, we should see what we can do to keep it alive with the pvr
graphics support going forward.

Tom

@ 2012-10-08 20:30             ` Bodke, Kishore K
From: Bodke, Kishore K @ 2012-10-08 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Tapp; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

For denzil, try with this by creating a new file in meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.2.bbappend.

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"

SRC_URI_cedartrail-nopvr = "git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.2;protocol=git;nocheckout=1;branch=${KBRANCH},meta;name=machine,meta"

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_cedartrail-nopvr = "cedartrail"
KMACHINE_cedartrail-nopvr  = "cedartrail"
KBRANCH_cedartrail-nopvr  = "yocto/standard/cedartrail"
KERNEL_FEATURES_append_cedartrail-nopvr += " cfg/smp.scc"

SRCREV_machine_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c"
SRCREV_meta_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0"

Add these below lines to meta-cedartrail/conf/machine/cedartrail-nopvr.conf

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-yocto"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.2%"

Add  MACHINE = "cedartrail-nopvr" to your local.conf and build.

Ofcourse you should be adding your unionfs related stuff by some means either by menuconfig or by creating .scc file.

Thanks
Kishore.

* Re: Meta Intel / Cedartrail / Denzil - how to get unionfs in the kernel
@ 2012-10-08 21:03               ` Chris Tapp
From: Chris Tapp @ 2012-10-08 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodke, Kishore K; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On 8 Oct 2012, at 21:30, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:

< snip ... >

Thanks for the really fast response on this :-)

> For denzil, try with this by creating a new file in meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.2.bbappend.
>
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
>
> SRC_URI_cedartrail-nopvr = "git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.2;protocol=git;nocheckout=1;branch=${KBRANCH},meta;name=machine,meta"

I had to add 'bareclone=1' to this to get it to run.

> COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_cedartrail-nopvr = "cedartrail"
> KMACHINE_cedartrail-nopvr  = "cedartrail"
> KBRANCH_cedartrail-nopvr  = "yocto/standard/cedartrail"
> KERNEL_FEATURES_append_cedartrail-nopvr += " cfg/smp.scc"
>
> SRCREV_machine_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c"
> SRCREV_meta_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0"

I think it's nearly there, but I get a failure when validating the branch:

NOTE: package linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1: task do_validate_branches: Started
ERROR: Function failed: do_validate_branches (see /media/SSD-RAID/build-denzil-git-sjs-cedartrail/tmp/work/cedartrail_nopvr-sjs-linux/linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1/temp/log.do_validate_branches.25866 for further information)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /media/SSD-RAID/build-denzil-git-sjs-cedartrail/tmp/work/cedartrail_nopvr-sjs-linux/linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1/temp/log.do_validate_branches.25866
Log data follows:
| ERROR: Function failed: do_validate_branches (see /media/SSD-RAID/build-denzil-git-sjs-cedartrail/tmp/work/cedartrail_nopvr-sjs-linux/linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1/temp/log.do_validate_branches.25866 for further information)
NOTE: package linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1: task do_validate_branches: Failed
ERROR: Task 0 (/media/SSD-RAID/poky-git/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.2.bb, do_validate_branches) failed with exit code '1'

> Add these below lines to meta-cedartrail/conf/machine/cedartrail-nopvr.conf
>
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-yocto"
> PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.2%"
>
> Add  MACHINE = "cedartrail-nopvr" to your local.conf and build.
>
> Ofcourse you should be adding your unionfs related stuff by some means either by menuconfig or by creating .scc file.

Of course, and that's the bit I understand ;-)

@ 2012-10-08 22:42                 ` Chris Tapp
From: Chris Tapp @ 2012-10-08 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodke, Kishore K; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On 8 Oct 2012, at 22:03, Chris Tapp wrote:

> On 8 Oct 2012, at 21:30, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:
>
> < snip ... >
>
> Thanks for the really fast response on this :-)
>
>> For denzil, try with this by creating a new file in meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.2.bbappend.
>>
>> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
>>
>> SRC_URI_cedartrail-nopvr = "git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.2;protocol=git;nocheckout=1;branch=${KBRANCH},meta;name=machine,meta"
>
> I had to add 'bareclone=1' to this to get it to run.
>
>> COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_cedartrail-nopvr = "cedartrail"
>> KMACHINE_cedartrail-nopvr  = "cedartrail"
>> KBRANCH_cedartrail-nopvr  = "yocto/standard/cedartrail"
>> KERNEL_FEATURES_append_cedartrail-nopvr += " cfg/smp.scc"
>>
>> SRCREV_machine_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c"
>> SRCREV_meta_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0"
>
> I think it's nearly there, but I get a failure when validating the branch:
>
> NOTE: package linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1: task do_validate_branches: Started
> ERROR: Function failed: do_validate_branches (see /media/SSD-RAID/build-denzil-git-sjs-cedartrail/tmp/work/cedartrail_nopvr-sjs-linux/linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1/temp/log.do_validate_branches.25866 for further information)
> ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /media/SSD-RAID/build-denzil-git-sjs-cedartrail/tmp/work/cedartrail_nopvr-sjs-linux/linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1/temp/log.do_validate_branches.25866
> Log data follows:
> | ERROR: Function failed: do_validate_branches (see /media/SSD-RAID/build-denzil-git-sjs-cedartrail/tmp/work/cedartrail_nopvr-sjs-linux/linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1/temp/log.do_validate_branches.25866 for further information)
> NOTE: package linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0_1+8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c-r1: task do_validate_branches: Failed
> ERROR: Task 0 (/media/SSD-RAID/poky-git/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.2.bb, do_validate_branches) failed with exit code '1'

Got it - I should have realised this would need to be using the latest denzil head.

I've now got a working unionfs. A few minor kernel configuration issues to sort (e.g. Apple HID for my keyboard) and I'll be there.

Thanks again for the help.

One final question - does lack of PVR mean I won't have a framebuffer device? I've got the vesa one, but I can't use video=... in the kernel command line. Not a show stopper by any means, but the video= stanza is much easier for general users to modify.

@ 2012-10-09 13:40             ` James Abernathy
From: James Abernathy @ 2012-10-09 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saxena, Rahul; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Saxena, Rahul <rahul.saxena@intel.com>wrote:

> [...]
It may not solve the 3.0 problem for CDV and Yocto, but I noticed that
Ubuntu 12.04.1 with the 3.2 kernel supports the PVR driver on it's 3.2.0
kernel.  I've only tested it successfully on an All-In-One with LVDS off of
an eDP to LVDS converter used on the DN2800MT motherboard.

Jim A

@ 2012-10-09 20:16               ` Chris Tapp
From: Chris Tapp @ 2012-10-09 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Abernathy; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On 9 Oct 2012, at 14:40, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Saxena, Rahul <rahul.saxena@intel.com> wrote:

Interesting - that's the same board as I'm using. It would be worth seeing what happens. I've had a look at the bbappend for 3.2 that Kishore posted and compared it with the standard one for 3.0. I think it 'just' needs a new meta data branch before I can try a build with pvr. I guess this will need to be a new branch and not an existing one?

@ 2012-10-10 13:47                 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2012-10-10 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Tapp; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

On 12-10-08 05:03 PM, Chris Tapp wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2012, at 21:30, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:
>
> <  snip ...>
>
> Thanks for the really fast response on this :-)
>
>> For denzil, try with this by creating a new file in meta-cedartrail/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.2.bbappend.
>>
>> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
>>
>> SRC_URI_cedartrail-nopvr = "git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.2;protocol=git;nocheckout=1;branch=${KBRANCH},meta;name=machine,meta"
>
> I had to add 'bareclone=1' to this to get it to run.
>
>> COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_cedartrail-nopvr = "cedartrail"
>> KMACHINE_cedartrail-nopvr  = "cedartrail"
>> KBRANCH_cedartrail-nopvr  = "yocto/standard/cedartrail"
>> KERNEL_FEATURES_append_cedartrail-nopvr += " cfg/smp.scc"
>>
>> SRCREV_machine_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "8b8cfaaab2b8d79ac56e8c9a85bad9ae7bca399c"
>> SRCREV_meta_pn-linux-yocto_cedartrail-nopvr ?= "486f7aec824b4127e91ef53228823e996b3696f0"
>
> I think it's nearly there, but I get a failure when validating the branch:

I'm back to the office now. Is this issue still lurking/active ?

Bruce

@ 2012-10-10 16:27                   ` Bodke, Kishore K
From: Bodke, Kishore K @ 2012-10-10 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield, Chris Tapp; +Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Project

Issue of validating the branches is resolved.

Thanks
Kishore.