* What are the two lines?
@ 2003-08-07 20:32 Carda, Chris
From: Carda, Chris @ 2003-08-07 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org'

Can someone detail what the two lines are to make this DSDT for a Compaq
N410c compile without errors.  Compaq seems to have fixed everything but the
errors listed below in their latest BIOS rev.

Thank you kindly,
-Chris

From: Darren Benham <dbenham-9p2edxGk3WQ@public.gmane.org>

 Add two lines... I think they are "external" (you can check the specs to
 be sure).  This tells the comiler that those symbols exist in an external
 table (your SSDTs if it's anything like my n600c.  I don't have it booted
 otherwise I'd give the exact lines.

 Hugo Haas said:
 > Hi.
 >
 > I have seen people posting DSDT questions here, and found lots of
 > useful pointers in the archive, so I am sending a report on getting ACPI
 > to work on a Compaq Evo N410c.
 >
 > In a nutshell, some things were not detected, such as the fan, which was
 > a problem. After tweaking the DSDT, I got rid of most errors
 > (although one of my fixes is slightly random) and got most things
 > working. It is now usable. The fan is always on though, but I guess that
 > it's better than always off!
 >
 > I noted that the errors I got were _really_ similar to errors that
 > people with N600c got. I would appreciate a pointer to a diff of the
 > DSDT to try and complete my fixes since it seems that there were a few
 > discussions about this one.
 >
 > The errors I have left are about non existing objects that I have no
 > clue about:
 >
 > | dsdt.dsl    53:             If (LEqual (\C001, 0x00))
 > | Error    1022 -       Object does not exist ^  (\C001)
 > |
 > | dsdt.dsl  5602:                 \_PR.C000
 > | Error    1022 -   Object does not exist ^  (\_PR.C000)
 > |
 > | dsdt.dsl  5642:                 \_PR.C000
 > | Error    1022 -   Object does not exist ^  (\_PR.C000)
 > |
 > | dsdt.dsl  5710:                         Notify (\_PR.C000, 0x80) |
 > Error    1022 -                   Object does not exist ^  (\_PR.C000)
 >
 > Since I found it quite hard to find information to get a working ACPI, I
 > have documented what I have done, with the DSDT, the diffs, etc.
 > Hopefully that will be useful to people:
 >
 > 	 http://larve.net/people/hugo/2003/03/acpi-n410c.html
<http://larve.net/people/hugo/2003/03/acpi-n410c.html>

 > If anybody has insight about how to get the fan not to always be on and
 > how to fix the rest of my errors, in particular Evo N600c owners, I'd be
 > grateful.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Hugo
 >
 > --