* Can utils for CANFD
@ 2016-02-09 10:18 Naga Sureshkumar Relli
From: Naga Sureshkumar Relli @ 2016-02-09 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-can; +Cc: Appana Durga Kedareswara Rao

Hi Marc,

I am adding Xilinx_canfd driver for Xilinx CANFD IP.
So to test that, I have downloaded https://github.com/linux-can/can-utils.

But it doesn't have canconfig option, to configure CANFD Controller. Like bitrate, mode etc...

It has only ip command support, but this ip utility doesn't have support to change can mode (Normal operation Mode).
It has only loopback mode support.

So, the can-utils, which I am using are the correct utils or not?

Suggest me, which one to use, to test CANFD.

Thanks,
Naga Sureshkumar Relli.

* Re: Can utils for CANFD
@ 2016-02-09 19:59 ` Oliver Hartkopp
From: Oliver Hartkopp @ 2016-02-09 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Naga Sureshkumar Relli, linux-can; +Cc: Appana Durga Kedareswara Rao

Hi,

the can-utils you downloaded from https://github.com/linux-can/can-utils
support CAN-FD since 2012 (and Linux 3.6):

http://can-newsletter.org/engineering/standardization/nr_stand_can-fd_linux3.6_120703

And since Linux 3.15 the CAN driver infrastructure is part of Linux mainline
kernel:

http://can-newsletter.org/engineering/standardization/140513_can-fd-linux-tools-and-driver-infrastructure_peak_vw

The ip tool from the iproute2 package provides the configuration of CAN FD
hardware too. See documentation at:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/can.txt

See chapters 6.5 & 6.6 there.

An example how a real world CAN FD interface is configured:
http://www.peak-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=1296

Just if you refer to the CAN tools hosted by Pengutronix ...

	http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=tools/canutils.git

... the canconfig tool provided there does NOT support CAN FD for now.

Same applies to

	http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=tools/libsocketcan.git

Regards,
Oliver