* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Distributing Data using BATMAN-Multicast
@ 2017-02-16 12:35 Shantanoo Desai
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Shantanoo Desai @ 2017-02-16 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hello all,

I have developed a Multicast based Data Distribution protocol and would
like to compare it with Batman's Multicast feature. I know how to enable
the multicast on the the mesh interface but is there any tool or utility
I can use to send data over the Mesh network ? scp of sftp won't work
since there is no multicast or broadcasting present in them.

I would like to compare how quick can data be disseminated in a Batman
enabled Mesh network versus the protocol that I have developed over an
adhoc network consisting of multiple Raspberry Pis.

Any hints would be suggested.

Thanks,

Shan

--
Shantanoo Desai

MSc. Communication & Information Tech.

Bremen, Germany

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Distributing Data using BATMAN-Multicast
@ 2017-02-16 13:38 ` dan
From: dan @ 2017-02-16 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shantanoo_desai,
	The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

iperf can generate multicast traffic.

@ 2017-02-16 14:33 ` Linus Lüssing
From: Linus Lüssing @ 2017-02-16 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shantanoo_desai,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:35:32PM +0000, Shantanoo Desai wrote:
> I have developed a Multicast based Data Distribution protocol and would
> like to compare it with Batman's Multicast feature.

Cool :-)! I would love to do the same, or at least have a look at
the protocol algorithm you have developed. Is there any additional
information about it available online somewhere?

Does that protocol distribute the data to all nodes or just the
ones interested in it?

Regards, Linus

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Distributing Data using BATMAN-Multicast
@ 2017-02-17  7:56 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2017-02-17  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n, shantanoo_desai