* TCP/IP stack recommendations
@ 2022-08-30  8:42 Morten Brørup
From: Morten Brørup @ 2022-08-30  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all.

Can anyone in here recommend an actively maintained open source TCP/IP stack for DPDK?

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
-Morten Brørup

* Re: TCP/IP stack recommendations
@ 2022-08-30  9:44 ` Ray Kinsella
From: Ray Kinsella @ 2022-08-30  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Morten Brørup; +Cc: dev

Hi Morten,

Reach out to Florin Coras over in VPP-land.

--
Regards, Ray K

* RE: TCP/IP stack recommendations
@ 2022-08-30 15:54   ` Honnappa Nagarahalli
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2022-08-30 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ray Kinsella, Morten Brørup; +Cc: dev, nd, nd

One key thing to look for is the interface between the stack and the application. If it is not zero-copy, it quickly becomes a bottleneck depending on the data size and the buffer size.

Thanks,
Honnappa

@ 2022-09-02 13:41   ` Morten Brørup
From: Morten Brørup @ 2022-09-02 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florin Coras; +Cc: dev, Ray Kinsella

Hi Florin,

Ray Kinsella sent me in your direction...

I'm looking for recommendations (and warnings) regarding open source TCP/IP stacks for DPDK. Seeing that you are deeply involved in the FD.io VPP Host Stack, I hope you are willing to share some thoughts on the topic?

Med venlig hilsen / kind regards

Morten Brørup
CTO

SmartShare Systems A/S