* [linux-lvm] CLVM Questions
@ 2007-02-08  0:33 Jayson Vantuyl
From: Jayson Vantuyl @ 2007-02-08  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM and development general discussion

Is it possible to mix clustered LVM and unclustered LVM?  I tried but
it seemed to have issues.

Also, does anyone know if Gentoo likes it better if you use the CLVM
package or if you build the LVM package with the clvm USE flag?

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect

* Re: [linux-lvm] CLVM Questions
@ 2007-02-08  8:53 ` Patrick Caulfield
From: Patrick Caulfield @ 2007-02-08  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development

Jayson Vantuyl wrote:
> Is it possible to mix clustered LVM and unclustered LVM?  I tried but it
> seemed to have issues.

I'm not sure what you mean here. You either have a cluster or you don't.

If you have clvm on one node on a cluster then it needs to be on ALL nodes of
the cluster - you can't have an isolated node that is also part of the CMAN
cluster.

If what you mean is "can I have a non-clustered Volume Group alongside cluster
volume groups", then the answer is "yes". There is a flag on the VG that
indicates whether it is clustered or not. activated with vgchange -cy,
deactivated with vgchange -cn. You can't mark individual LVs within a VG as
clustered/non-clustered though. That wouldn't make sense.

@ 2007-02-09 11:04   ` Jayson Vantuyl
From: Jayson Vantuyl @ 2007-02-09 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development