* [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
       [not found] ` <2034277057.10962206.1478294562081.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com>
@ 2016-11-04 22:05   ` Programmingkid
From: Programmingkid @ 2016-11-04 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

It looks like the QEMU wiki is being organized into folders. I'm thinking the page http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/ should be a listing of all the platforms QEMU currently supports. The list would be links to their respective pages. Example:

Platforms available in QEMU:

ARM
i386/x86-64
MIPS
OpenRISC
Power
PowerPC
Sparc
68K

Thoughts/suggestions/additions?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-04 22:32     ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2016-11-04 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Programmingkid; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-10/msg02527.html

> Platforms available in QEMU:
>
> ARM
> i386/x86-64
> MIPS
> OpenRISC
> Power
> PowerPC
> Sparc
> 68K
>
> Thoughts/suggestions/additions?

Makes sense.  You can also use

* [{{PagesStartingWith|Documentation/Platforms/}} All platforms emulated by QEMU]

instead of listing them manually.  Also please add [[Category:User documentation]]
to the pages.

Paolo

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-04 23:27       ` Programmingkid
From: Programmingkid @ 2016-11-04 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 4, 2016, at 6:32 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> [...]

Thanks. Done.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-05  8:51         ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2016-11-05  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Programmingkid; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

> > Makes sense.  You can also use
> >
> > * [{{PagesStartingWith|Documentation/Platforms/}} All platforms emulated by
> > QEMU]
> >
> > instead of listing them manually.  Also please add [[Category:User
> > documentation]]
> > to the pages.
> >
> > Paolo
>
> Thanks. Done.

Good, but don't create orphan pages or they are going to be deleted
sooner or later.  I moved your page to Documentation/Platforms without
the trailing slash.

Paolo

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-05 15:20           ` Programmingkid
From: Programmingkid @ 2016-11-05 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 5, 2016, at 4:51 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

>>> Makes sense.  You can also use
>>>
>>> * [{{PagesStartingWith|Documentation/Platforms/}} All platforms emulated by
>>> QEMU]
>>>
>>> instead of listing them manually.  Also please add [[Category:User
>>> documentation]]
>>> to the pages.
>>>
>>> Paolo
>>
>> Thanks. Done.
>
> Good, but don't create orphan pages or they are going to be deleted
> sooner or later.  I moved your page to Documentation/Platforms without
> the trailing slash.
>
> Paolo

I was actually thinking about what to do with the trailing slash. Maybe the page with the trailing slash could be a redirect to the page without a trailing slash?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-05 20:45           ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2016-11-05 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: Programmingkid, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 5 November 2016 at 08:51, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

>> > Makes sense.  You can also use
>> >
>> > * [{{PagesStartingWith|Documentation/Platforms/}} All platforms emulated by
>> > QEMU]
>> >
>> > instead of listing them manually.  Also please add [[Category:User
>> > documentation]]
>> > to the pages.

> Good, but don't create orphan pages or they are going to be deleted
> sooner or later.  I moved your page to Documentation/Platforms without
> the trailing slash.

Now we have two lists of platforms: one in
http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms
and one in
http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation
(and the latter doesn't provide any indication that
the former exists, but it's where users are most
likely to start from). What's the plan here?

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-05 21:53             ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2016-11-05 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: Programmingkid, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 5 November 2016 at 20:45, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
> Now we have two lists of platforms: one in
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms
> and one in
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation
> (and the latter doesn't provide any indication that
> the former exists, but it's where users are most
> likely to start from). What's the plan here?

I wrote a start on an ARM-guests page, and have added
it to both lists:
http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/ARM

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-05 23:14               ` G 3
From: G 3 @ 2016-11-05 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 5, 2016, at 5:53 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:

> On 5 November 2016 at 20:45, Peter Maydell
> <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
>> Now we have two lists of platforms: one in
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms
>> and one in
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation
>> (and the latter doesn't provide any indication that
>> the former exists, but it's where users are most
>> likely to start from). What's the plan here?

The page http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation looks like it is in need
for some reorganizing and rewriting. I don't have a plan on how to do
this right now, so I defer that decision to Paolo.

> I wrote a start on an ARM-guests page, and have added
> it to both lists:
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/ARM
>
> thanks
> -- PMM

Would you have a picture of a guest running in an ARM emulator? I
could add it to your ARM wiki page.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-06 10:02                 ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2016-11-06 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G 3, Peter Maydell; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 06/11/2016 00:14, G 3 wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2016, at 5:53 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>
>> On 5 November 2016 at 20:45, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
>> wrote:
>>> Now we have two lists of platforms: one in
>>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms
>>> and one in
>>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation
>>> (and the latter doesn't provide any indication that
>>> the former exists, but it's where users are most
>>> likely to start from). What's the plan here?
>
> The page http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation looks like it is in need for
> some reorganizing and rewriting. I don't have a plan on how to do this
> right now, so I defer that decision to Paolo.

At the very least, if Documentation/Platforms exists, Documentation
should link to it and not include duplicated content.

Paolo

@ 2016-11-06 12:06                   ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2016-11-06 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: G 3, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 6 November 2016 at 10:02, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/11/2016 00:14, G 3 wrote:
>> On Nov 5, 2016, at 5:53 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>>
>> The page http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation looks like it is in need for
>> some reorganizing and rewriting. I don't have a plan on how to do this
>> right now, so I defer that decision to Paolo.
>
> At the very least, if Documentation/Platforms exists, Documentation
> should link to it and not include duplicated content.

I think the question is what we want to do with
Documentation/Platforms. If we are planning to
extend it to have more information then we should
just refer to it from Documentation. If it's
never going to be more than just a list of a
dozen or so links to other pages, then I think
we might as well fold it into Documentation.

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-06 18:54                 ` Stefan Weil
From: Stefan Weil @ 2016-11-06 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G 3; +Cc: Peter Maydell, Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 11/06/16 00:14, G 3 wrote:
[...]
> Would you have a picture of a guest running in an ARM emulator? I could
> add it to your ARM wiki page.

There is one (Raspberry Pi installing OSMC) on
https://qemu.weilnetz.de/test/system/arm/raspberry-pi/

Cheers
Stefan

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-06 20:15                   ` G 3
From: G 3 @ 2016-11-06 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Weil; +Cc: Peter Maydell, Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 6, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Stefan Weil wrote:

> On 11/06/16 00:14, G 3 wrote:
> [...]
>> Would you have a picture of a guest running in an ARM emulator? I
>> could
>> add it to your ARM wiki page.
>
> There is one (Raspberry Pi installing OSMC) on
> https://qemu.weilnetz.de/test/system/arm/raspberry-pi/
>
> Cheers
> Stefan

Thank you for the picture. Would you prefer I link to the file or
upload the file to QEMU's website?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-06 21:01                     ` Stefan Weil
From: Stefan Weil @ 2016-11-06 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G 3; +Cc: Peter Maydell, Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 11/06/16 21:15, G 3 wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Stefan Weil wrote:
>
>> On 11/06/16 00:14, G 3 wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Would you have a picture of a guest running in an ARM emulator? I could
>>> add it to your ARM wiki page.
>>
>> There is one (Raspberry Pi installing OSMC) on
>> https://qemu.weilnetz.de/test/system/arm/raspberry-pi/
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stefan
>>

> Thank you for the picture. Would you prefer I link to the file or upload
> the file to QEMU's website?

I don't have a personal preference. Either variant is fine for me.

Could there be a problem because of a copyright for the OSMC logo?
Then linking would be more safe.

Stefan

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07  9:39     ` Cornelia Huck
From: Cornelia Huck @ 2016-11-07  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Programmingkid; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 18:05:57 -0400
Programmingkid <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like the QEMU wiki is being organized into folders. I'm thinking the page http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/ should be a listing of all the platforms QEMU currently supports. The list would be links to their respective pages. Example:
>
> Platforms available in QEMU:
>
> ARM
> i386/x86-64
> MIPS
> OpenRISC
> Power
> PowerPC
> Sparc
> 68K
>

> Thoughts/suggestions/additions?

No love for s390x?

(I can see if I can come up with something.)

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 10:13       ` Cornelia Huck
From: Cornelia Huck @ 2016-11-07 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Programmingkid; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:39:32 +0100
Cornelia Huck <cornelia.huck@de.ibm.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 18:05:57 -0400
> Programmingkid <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It looks like the QEMU wiki is being organized into folders. I'm thinking the page http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/ should be a listing of all the platforms QEMU currently supports. The list would be links to their respective pages. Example:
> >
> > Platforms available in QEMU:
> >
> > ARM
> > i386/x86-64
> > MIPS
> > OpenRISC
> > Power
> > PowerPC
> > Sparc
> > 68K
> >

> > Thoughts/suggestions/additions?
>
> No love for s390x?
>
> (I can see if I can come up with something.)

I've added a skeleton page for s390x. Needs more work, obviously.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 15:11         ` G 3
From: G 3 @ 2016-11-07 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cornelia Huck; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 7, 2016, at 5:13 AM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:39:32 +0100
> Cornelia Huck <cornelia.huck@de.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 18:05:57 -0400
>> Programmingkid <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like the QEMU wiki is being organized into folders. I'm
>>> thinking the page http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/
>>> should be a listing of all the platforms QEMU currently supports.
>>> The list would be links to their respective pages. Example:
>>>
>>> Platforms available in QEMU:
>>>
>>> ARM
>>> i386/x86-64
>>> MIPS
>>> OpenRISC
>>> Power
>>> PowerPC
>>> Sparc
>>> 68K
>>>

>>> Thoughts/suggestions/additions?
>>
>> No love for s390x?
>>
>> (I can see if I can come up with something.)
>
> I've added a skeleton page for s390x. Needs more work, obviously.

Thank you for your contribution. Could you provide some more
information.

This is what I suggest:

Who would want to use the s390x emulator?

A picture or two. (I can post it for you if you have a picture)

Links:
- iso files
- free software
- websites that have more info on the s390x

Technical information on the s390x emulator:
- What needs to be completed
- What works
- What doesn't work
- Limitations

How someone who wants to help can help

I will be glad to help if you need it.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 15:24           ` Cornelia Huck
From: Cornelia Huck @ 2016-11-07 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G 3; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:11:52 -0500
G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your contribution. Could you provide some more
> information.
>
> This is what I suggest:
>
> Who would want to use the s390x emulator?
>
> A picture or two. (I can post it for you if you have a picture)

Pictures don't make much sense, as there is no graphic interface.

> Links:
> - iso files
> - free software
> - websites that have more info on the s390x
>
> Technical information on the s390x emulator:
> - What needs to be completed
> - What works
> - What doesn't work
> - Limitations
>
> How someone who wants to help can help
>
> I will be glad to help if you need it.

If you could give me some extra hours :)

Thanks for the offer, but I'll see what I can do when I have some free
cycles (yeah...) (I don't mind others joining in at all :)

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 15:36             ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2016-11-07 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cornelia Huck, G 3; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 07/11/2016 16:24, Cornelia Huck wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:11:52 -0500
> G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your contribution. Could you provide some more
>> information.
>>
>> This is what I suggest:
>>
>> Who would want to use the s390x emulator?
>>
>> A picture or two. (I can post it for you if you have a picture)
>
> Pictures don't make much sense, as there is no graphic interface.

Come on, there's always a serial console!

http://www.quasiquark.com/screenshots/qemu-advent-calendar-s390-moon-buggy.png

:)

Paolo

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 17:01             ` G 3
From: G 3 @ 2016-11-07 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cornelia Huck; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 7, 2016, at 10:24 AM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:11:52 -0500
> G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your contribution. Could you provide some more
>> information.
>>
>> This is what I suggest:
>>
>> Who would want to use the s390x emulator?
>>
>> A picture or two. (I can post it for you if you have a picture)
>
> Pictures don't make much sense, as there is no graphic interface.

I was just hoping for something that would ensure the user that QEMU
can work.
Something that the user would be familiar with was all I was
interested in.

>> Links:
>> - iso files
>> - free software
>> - websites that have more info on the s390x
>>
>> Technical information on the s390x emulator:
>> - What needs to be completed
>> - What works
>> - What doesn't work
>> - Limitations
>>
>> How someone who wants to help can help
>>
>> I will be glad to help if you need it.
>
> If you could give me some extra hours :)
>
> Thanks for the offer, but I'll see what I can do when I have some free
> cycles (yeah...) (I don't mind others joining in at all :)

I made a few additions to the page. Hopefully someone can verify my
suggested command-line info.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 18:16               ` Cornelia Huck
From: Cornelia Huck @ 2016-11-07 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G 3; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:01:16 -0500
G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 10:24 AM, Cornelia Huck wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:11:52 -0500
> > G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Thank you for your contribution. Could you provide some more
> >> information.
> >>
> >> This is what I suggest:
> >>
> >> Who would want to use the s390x emulator?
> >>
> >> A picture or two. (I can post it for you if you have a picture)
> >
> > Pictures don't make much sense, as there is no graphic interface.
>
> I was just hoping for something that would ensure the user that QEMU
> can work.
> Something that the user would be familiar with was all I was
> interested in.

Hm. Screenshot of calling lscss and lscpu? Will not look very
interesting, but if it is useful...

> >> Links:
> >> - iso files
> >> - free software
> >> - websites that have more info on the s390x
> >>
> >> Technical information on the s390x emulator:
> >> - What needs to be completed
> >> - What works
> >> - What doesn't work
> >> - Limitations
> >>
> >> How someone who wants to help can help
> >>
> >> I will be glad to help if you need it.
> >
> > If you could give me some extra hours :)
> >
> > Thanks for the offer, but I'll see what I can do when I have some free
> > cycles (yeah...) (I don't mind others joining in at all :)
>
> I made a few additions to the page. Hopefully someone can verify my
> suggested command-line info.

s/suggested/minimal/ for your command line (it is not very useful
without any I/O devices...)

The rest looks good. I've added a bit to it.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 18:29                 ` G 3
From: G 3 @ 2016-11-07 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cornelia Huck; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 7, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:01:16 -0500
> G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 7, 2016, at 10:24 AM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

>>> Pictures don't make much sense, as there is no graphic interface.
>>
>> I was just hoping for something that would ensure the user that QEMU
>> can work.
>> Something that the user would be familiar with was all I was
>> interested in.
>
> Hm. Screenshot of calling lscss and lscpu? Will not look very
> interesting, but if it is useful...

That is a possibility. Maybe there is some games available for this
machine that would look nice in a screenshot.

>>> If you could give me some extra hours :)
>>>
>>> Thanks for the offer, but I'll see what I can do when I have some
>>> free
>>> cycles (yeah...) (I don't mind others joining in at all :)
>>
>> I made a few additions to the page. Hopefully someone can verify my
>> suggested command-line info.
>
> s/suggested/minimal/ for your command line (it is not very useful
> without any I/O devices...)
>
> The rest looks good. I've added a bit to it.

Looks good.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 19:44                   ` Thomas Huth
From: Thomas Huth @ 2016-11-07 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G 3, Cornelia Huck; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 07.11.2016 19:29, G 3 wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:01:16 -0500
>> G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I was just hoping for something that would ensure the user that QEMU
>>> can work.
>>> Something that the user would be familiar with was all I was
>>> interested in.
>>
>> Hm. Screenshot of calling lscss and lscpu? Will not look very
>> interesting, but if it is useful...
>
> That is a possibility. Maybe there is some games available for this
> machine that would look nice in a screenshot.

Games on the mainframe? Hmm, maybe that one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXzNo0vR_dU

;-)

 Thomas

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 20:13                     ` G 3
From: G 3 @ 2016-11-07 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Huth; +Cc: Cornelia Huck, Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 7, 2016, at 2:44 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:

> On 07.11.2016 19:29, G 3 wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 7, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

>>> Hm. Screenshot of calling lscss and lscpu? Will not look very
>>> interesting, but if it is useful...
>>
>> That is a possibility. Maybe there is some games available for this
>> machine that would look nice in a screenshot.
>
> Games on the mainframe? Hmm, maybe that one:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXzNo0vR_dU
>
> ;-)
>
>  Thomas

Great movie.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-07 21:25                 ` G 3
From: G 3 @ 2016-11-07 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cornelia Huck; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 7, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:01:16 -0500
> G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 7, 2016, at 10:24 AM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

>>> Pictures don't make much sense, as there is no graphic interface.
>>
>> I was just hoping for something that would ensure the user that QEMU
>> can work.
>> Something that the user would be familiar with was all I was
>> interested in.
>
> Hm. Screenshot of calling lscss and lscpu? Will not look very
> interesting, but if it is useful...

>>> If you could give me some extra hours :)
>>>
>>> Thanks for the offer, but I'll see what I can do when I have some
>>> free
>>> cycles (yeah...) (I don't mind others joining in at all :)
>>
>> I made a few additions to the page. Hopefully someone can verify my
>> suggested command-line info.
>
> s/suggested/minimal/ for your command line (it is not very useful
> without any I/O devices...)

If you know how to add these I/O devices, please add to the minimal
command-line.
We could do two command-lines, one minimal, and one with the added I/
O devices
if you like.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-09 18:39                   ` Cornelia Huck
From: Cornelia Huck @ 2016-11-09 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G 3; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:25:13 -0500
G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

> > s/suggested/minimal/ for your command line (it is not very useful
> > without any I/O devices...)
>
> If you know how to add these I/O devices,

I should hope so :)

> please add to the minimal
> command-line.
> We could do two command-lines, one minimal, and one with the added I/
> O devices
> if you like.

Added two examples. Any details on virtio devices should probably go to
a page that covers generic virtio and is basically applicable to all
transports (pci, ccw, mmio).

There's probably a lot more that can be added on that page, but my time
is unfortunately limited.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Wiki documentation organization
@ 2016-11-09 18:58                     ` G 3
From: G 3 @ 2016-11-09 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cornelia Huck; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel qemu-devel

On Nov 9, 2016, at 1:39 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:25:13 -0500
> G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 7, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:
>
>>> s/suggested/minimal/ for your command line (it is not very useful
>>> without any I/O devices...)
>>
>> If you know how to add these I/O devices,
>
> I should hope so :)
>
>> please add to the minimal
>> command-line.
>> We could do two command-lines, one minimal, and one with the added I/
>> O devices
>> if you like.
>
> Added two examples. Any details on virtio devices should probably
> go to
> a page that covers generic virtio and is basically applicable to all
> transports (pci, ccw, mmio).
>
> There's probably a lot more that can be added on that page, but my
> time
> is unfortunately limited.

Your additions look really good. Thank you.

Is Alexander Graf still working on QEMU? I haven't heard from him in
a while.