* Towards qedr patch series
@ 2016-09-25  5:39 Amrani, Ram
       [not found] ` <DM3PR07MB2201E202E535C987EEAA3BFDF8CA0-jBX7zO+Db/wI9Q/2ysJlLeFPX92sqiQdvxpqHgZTriW3zl9H0oFU5g@public.gmane.org>
From: Amrani, Ram @ 2016-09-25  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA
  Cc: Elior, Ariel, Kalderon, Michal, Mintz, Yuval, Borundia, Rajesh,
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi Doug,
We will release qedr RFC v3 this week that will address all of the comments received on v1 and v2. Following this RFC we would like to generate a patch series.
Note that the RFC contains patches to qed and qede that are maintained in netdev so the submission may be affected by netdev activity.
Currently the RFC is based on netdev's net-next but we can rebase against your git (git://github.com/dledford/linux.git).

What guidelines should we follow with this submission?
What is the time frame to make it into kernel 4.9?

Thanks,
Ram

* Re: Towards qedr patch series
@ 2016-09-28 19:38   ` Doug Ledford
       [not found]     ` <57EC1C46.6070502-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Doug Ledford @ 2016-09-28 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amrani Ram
  Cc: Elior Ariel, Kalderon Michal, Mintz Yuval, Borundia Rajesh,

On 9/25/16 1:39 AM, Amrani, Ram wrote:
> Hi Doug,
> We will release qedr RFC v3 this week that will address all of the comments received on v1 and v2. Following this RFC we would like to generate a patch series.
> Note that the RFC contains patches to qed and qede that are maintained in netdev so the submission may be affected by netdev activity.
> Currently the RFC is based on netdev's net-next but we can rebase against your git (git://github.com/dledford/linux.git).
>
> What guidelines should we follow with this submission?
> What is the time frame to make it into kernel 4.9?

There are currently 5 (5!!!) entirely new drivers that people want to
get merged.  Reviewing those monstrous beasts is a nightmare.  The
chances that I will get to yours for 4.9 are slim at best.

However, on the off chance that I might get to it, base the qed patches
against Dave's net-next (up until the merge window opens, then base it
on his net tree as that's what will get merged).  The qedr patches
should be based on my current k.o/for-4.9 branch off of k.o.  When you
submit any patches, I would suggest doing it in two separate submissions
(if possible).  One that is just the preparatory qed patches.  They
should be sent to netdev@ and linux-rdma@.  The submission should note
that they are intended to be taken with the qedr driver.  If netdev@
reviews/acks the series, then Dave can let me know if he wants me to
take the series and keep with with the remaining qedr series, or if he
wants to take them himself and I just make sure my pull request of the
qedr patches goes to Linus after his.  The second set would obviously be
the new qedr driver.  It need not go to netdev.  Once it's here, then
it's a matter of the netdev@ people signing off on the qed series
changes, me signing off on the qedr changes, then it can go in.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>    GPG Key ID: 0E572FDD
  Red Hat, Inc.

@ 2016-09-30 13:04       ` Amrani, Ram
From: Amrani, Ram @ 2016-09-30 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford
  Cc: Elior, Ariel, Kalderon, Michal, Mintz, Yuval, Borundia, Rajesh,
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

> There are currently 5 (5!!!) entirely new drivers that people want to
> get merged.  Reviewing those monstrous beasts is a nightmare.  The
> chances that I will get to yours for 4.9 are slim at best.

Phew, that is a awful lot.
We will do all that we can on our side to increase the chances of making it to 4.9.

> However, on the off chance that I might get to it, base the qed patches
> against Dave's net-next (up until the merge window opens, then base it
> on his net tree as that's what will get merged).  The qedr patches
> should be based on my current k.o/for-4.9 branch off of k.o.  When you
> submit any patches, I would suggest doing it in two separate submissions
> (if possible).  One that is just the preparatory qed patches.  They
> should be sent to netdev@ and linux-rdma@.  The submission should note
> that they are intended to be taken with the qedr driver.  If netdev@
> reviews/acks the series, then Dave can let me know if he wants me to
> take the series and keep with with the remaining qedr series, or if he
> wants to take them himself and I just make sure my pull request of the
> qedr patches goes to Linus after his.
> The second set would obviously be
> the new qedr driver.  It need not go to netdev.  Once it's here, then
> it's a matter of the netdev@ people signing off on the qed series
> changes, me signing off on the qedr changes, then it can go in.

OK--