* [RFC net-next] net: tc: flow indirect framework issue
@ 2022-04-13  5:52 Mattias Forsblad
From: Mattias Forsblad @ 2022-04-13  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev
  Cc: roid, vladbu, Eli Cohen, Jiri Pirko, Pablo Neira Ayuso,
	Baowen Zheng, Vladimir Oltean, Tobias Waldekranz,
	Mattias Forsblad

Hello all,

I'm currently working to get offloading of tc rules (clsact/matchall/drop)
on a bridge offloaded to HW. The patch series is here:

https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20220411131619.43js6owwkalcdwwa@skbuf/T/#m07bff9e205e9ac03d15a4e758b4129235da88aba

However I'm having some trouble with it. More specific in the limitations section
in the link above, quote:

Limitations
If there is tc rules on a bridge and all the ports leave the bridge
and then joins the bridge again, the indirect framwork doesn't seem
to reoffload them at join. The tc rules need to be torn down and
re-added. This seems to be because of limitations in the tc
framework.

The same issue can bee seen it you have a bridge with no ports
and then adds a tc rule, like so:

tc qdisc add dev br0 clsact
tc filter add dev br0 ingress pref 1 proto all matchall action drop

And then adds a port to that bridge
ip link set dev swp0 master br0   <---- flow_indr_dev_register() bc this

I'm seeing the callback(TC_SETUP_BLOCK) from flow_indr_dev_register()
but I'm not getting any callbacks that I've added via flow_block_cb_add()

Do you maybe have some idea why I'm seeing this behavior?
Am i doing something wrong or is it a known issue or something else?

Best regards,

Mattias Forsblad
mattias.forsblad@gmail.com