* linux-compulab requires 3 patches for compile under Rocko
@ 2018-06-26 15:51 Alex Pavloff
From: Alex Pavloff @ 2018-06-26 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello,

In addition to linux-compulab needing a source change, I had to apply 3 patches from other kernel trees for it to compile under 2.4, due to gcc7 changes.

These patches were:
https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/141119/
https://github.com/graugans/meta-udoo/blob/jethro/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-seco-3.14.28/0001-ARM-8158-1-LLVMLinux-use-static-inline-in-ARM-ftrace.patch
https://github.com/graugans/meta-udoo/blob/jethro/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-seco-3.14.28/0002-ARM-LLVMLinux-Change-extern-inline-to-static-inline-.patch

Thanks.

--
Alex Pavloff -- CTO
alex@augmntr.com<mailto:alex@augmntr.com>

* Re: linux-compulab requires 3 patches for compile under Rocko
@ 2018-06-27 18:58 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2018-06-27 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Pavloff; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 12:51 PM, Alex Pavloff <alex@augmntr.com> wrote:
> In addition to linux-compulab needing a source change, I had to apply 3
> patches from other kernel trees for it to compile under 2.4, due to gcc7
> changes.

Please send a patch to update it.

Mobile: +55 (53) 9 9981-7854          Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750

* Re: linux-compulab requires 3 patches for compile under Rocko
@ 2018-06-28  0:38   ` Alex Pavloff
From: Alex Pavloff @ 2018-06-28  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Otavio,

The cm-fx6 machine/linux-compulab 3.14 kernel has more problems, as it refuses to find the on-board SATA flash.  So not only does the current linux-compulab recipe not compile out of the box, it doesn't work properly on their own hardware (which actually did work in an old old 3.10.17 kernel).

Compulab's website (http://www.compulab.com/products/computer-on-modules/cm-fx6/#devres) has a patchset based on 4.1.15.  I ended up making a new kernel recipe using it, and once a gcc7 patch was added, the kernel was able to build and the system was able to access the onboard SATA flash.

This sort of major recipe update seems to be in Compulab's court though.

	-Alex

@ 2018-06-28 13:47     ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2018-06-28 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Pavloff, Valentin Raevsky; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:38 PM, Alex Pavloff <alex@augmntr.com> wrote:
> The cm-fx6 machine/linux-compulab 3.14 kernel has more problems, as it refuses to find the on-board SATA flash.  So not only does the current linux-compulab recipe not compile out of the box, it doesn't work properly on their own hardware (which actually did work in an old old 3.10.17 kernel).
>
> Compulab's website (http://www.compulab.com/products/computer-on-modules/cm-fx6/#devres) has a patchset based on 4.1.15.  I ended up making a new kernel recipe using it, and once a gcc7 patch was added, the kernel was able to build and the system was able to access the onboard SATA flash.
>
> This sort of major recipe update seems to be in Compulab's court though.

I am adding Valention on Cc here.

It is critical to have this updated otherwise it does not make sense
to keep it here if not maintained.

Mobile: +55 (53) 9 9981-7854          Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750