* Large number of crda failures
       [not found] <DM6PR04MB40597C0C909A0EA209361F75F2FE0@DM6PR04MB4059.namprd04.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2018-10-16 16:50 ` Adam Cottrel
From: Adam Cottrel @ 2018-10-16 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi,

On start up I am getting a large number of error faults reported with CRDA:-
➢ ies0600133 systemd-udevd[3949]: Process '/sbin/crda' failed with exit code 234
Typically, over 50 lines are reported to the syslogs

However, once the system has fully started, I do not get any issues with running:-
➢ iw reg set XX

These errors are doubling the boot time for Linux. My kernel is 4.14.4 and I am running a Debian base.

Please can someone advise what is going wrong?

Best,
Adam

* RE: Large number of crda failures
@ 2018-10-17 12:39   ` Jean-Pierre TOSONI
From: Jean-Pierre TOSONI @ 2018-10-17 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Cottrel, linux-wireless

Code 234 => exit(-EINVAL)
Could be that crda is started in a context where the COUNTRY environment variable is invalid, or started with an argument (crda must be run without argument).

@ 2018-10-18 10:18     ` Adam Cottrel
From: Adam Cottrel @ 2018-10-18 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Pierre TOSONI, linux-wireless

Dear Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for getting back to me.

My regulatory settings are working, and so the errors might not be very important - however, it is important that know why they are happening.

> Code 234 => exit(-EINVAL)
> Could be that crda is started in a context where the COUNTRY environment
> variable is invalid, or started with an argument (crda must be run without
> argument).

This is very a good suggestion - I can see that my COUNTRY environment is not set. However, when I set COUNTRY the error code gets replaced with -7.

The CRDA always reports errors on startup, but my wireless regulatory domains are working normally. For example I can change them using the following commands:-
 # iw reg set XX
 # iw reg get

Why do I still get warnings if the underlying mechanism is working OK?

Best,
Adam