From: Father Mande <father_mande@hotmail.com>
To: qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Armel host (x86 emul.) img disk not writable
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:52:14 +0200	[thread overview]

It's my first message so :

Me : I work from a while with Vmware and Virtualbox

I have integrated Virtualbox in the x86 QNAP NAS system

Armel Platform : QNAP NAS TS-219 with a Marvell (Arm) SOC 1,8 Ghz

Test run QEMU x86 emulation inside (VM like freedos or Windows)

Context : only Modules are possible no kernel change ...

... test are done in a chroot env. Debian Squeeze for Armel, so add X11
client to NAS and use X-Ming or Debian box as X Server

Test working :

install qemu thru apt-get

Start emu from fd (freedos) cdrom (live_cd linux , Win98 installation
CD) ... all run open the windows, menu and keyboard works, I have add,
also in fd program to manage the hlt ... so all seems to run. tested
also qemu-launcher ... works.

Problem :

Each time I create a disk image to add or install on disk ... the
install (Windows or Freedos) failed because he don't see the disk or
can't read or write on ????

I have tested qemu-img with raw, qcow, qcow2 without success ...

img file are full rw for all, qemu run under root, but it's same under a
"normal" user.

Due to the lack of IDE in the Qnap ... I have try also compile modules
for ide-core and load it (insmod) but no change ...

any advice ? Certainly I forgot somethings .... ?

thanks for help.

Philippe.