* How to isolate vital part of a host with the Xen Hypervisor?
       [not found] <1677353127.432967.1661060142000.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2022-08-21  5:35 ` Jason Long
From: Jason Long @ 2022-08-21  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xen-devel

Hello,
Is it possible to install the Xen Hypervisor for just isolate my host OS and disable its Virtualization features (Install guest OS)?

Thank you.

* Re: How to isolate vital part of a host with the Xen Hypervisor?
@ 2022-08-31 23:13   ` Stefano Stabellini
From: Stefano Stabellini @ 2022-08-31 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Long; +Cc: Xen-devel

On Sun, 21 Aug 2022, Jason Long wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it possible to install the Xen Hypervisor for just isolate my host OS and disable its Virtualization features (Install guest OS)?

Yes, it is possible. If you are targeting embedded, you might find this
presentation interesting as it comes with examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiELAJCuHJg

Otherwise, if it is for your desktop, you might want to checkout
the Qubes OS and OpenXT projects.

* Re: How to isolate vital part of a host with the Xen Hypervisor?
@ 2022-09-01  2:44   ` Rich Persaud
From: Rich Persaud @ 2022-09-01  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Long; +Cc: Xen-devel

On Aug 21, 2022, at 1:36 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is it possible to install the Xen Hypervisor for just isolate my host OS and disable its Virtualization features (Install guest OS)?

You can often disable hardware virtualization via a UEFI/BIOS setting.  Even if hardware virtualization support was disabled in UEFI/BIOS or already claimed by a bare-metal hypervisor like Xen or ESXi, it would still be possible to create a guest VM using software-only virtualization, e.g. VMware Workstation.

Rich