* Re: [linux-dvb] DSM-CC question
       [not found] <521CE7BF573A436C94F0D9CDAEAF3524@MARCM.local>
@ 2010-09-14 21:06 ` Marc Murphy
From: Marc Murphy @ 2010-09-14 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: linux-dvb

Have a look at libdsmcc. It will write by default to /tmp/cache I have modified my test software to notify of a new file or updated file version.

Hope this helps

Marc

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Sep 2010, at 21:31, "Suchita Gupta" <suchitagupta@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, I am new to this list, so I am not sire if this is right place for
> this question.
> If not, please forgive me and point me to right list.
>
> I am writing a DSMCC decoding implementation to persist it to local filesystem.
> I am unable to understand few thiings related to "srg"
>
> I know, it represents the top level directory. But how do I get the name of this
> directory?
> I can extract the names of subdirs and files using name components but where is
> the name of top level directory?
>
> Also, as far as I understand it, I can't start writing to the local filesystem
> until I have acquired the whole carousel.
>
> Can, anyone please provide me some guidance.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> rs

* Re: [linux-dvb] DSM-CC question
@ 2010-09-15  9:40   ` Simon Kilvington
From: Simon Kilvington @ 2010-09-15  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: Marc Murphy, linux-dvb

also have a look at my rb-download code,

http://redbutton.sourceforge.net/

this gets around the problem of having to know the directory structure
before you download files by using symlinks - ie you download the files
as they arrive on the carousel, then when you get a directory you create
the directory but make all the file entries in it symlinks - if the
files have already arrived, then the links point to them, if the files
haven't arrived yet, you just have some dangling symlinks until they do

this means you don't have to worry about trying to cache files in memory
before you can write them to disc and so makes the whole thing a lot
simpler to implement

On 14/09/10 22:06, Marc Murphy wrote:
> Have a look at libdsmcc. It will write by default to /tmp/cache I have modified my test software to notify of a new file or updated file version.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Marc
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 14 Sep 2010, at 21:31, "Suchita Gupta" <suchitagupta@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First of all, I am new to this list, so I am not sire if this is right place for
>> this question.
>> If not, please forgive me and point me to right list.
>>
>> I am writing a DSMCC decoding implementation to persist it to local filesystem.
>> I am unable to understand few thiings related to "srg"
>>
>> I know, it represents the top level directory. But how do I get the name of this
>> directory?
>> I can extract the names of subdirs and files using name components but where is
>> the name of top level directory?
>>
>> Also, as far as I understand it, I can't start writing to the local filesystem
>> until I have acquired the whole carousel.
>>
>> Can, anyone please provide me some guidance.
>>
>> Thanks in Advance,
>> rs

- --
Simon Kilvington

* Re: [linux-dvb] DSM-CC question
@ 2010-09-16  7:27     ` Suchita Gupta
From: Suchita Gupta @ 2010-09-16  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Its a very good idea. I will look at it as soon as possible and may be come back
to you for questions.
I have already done most of the implementation by storing blocks in memory and I
have to finish it as soon as possible.
But later on I can use this idea, it to optimize memory utilization and
performance of my code

Thanks.

also have a look at my rb-download code,

http://redbutton.sourceforge.net/

this gets around the problem of having to know the directory structure
before you download files by using symlinks - ie you download the files
as they arrive on the carousel, then when you get a directory you create
the directory but make all the file entries in it symlinks - if the
files have already arrived, then the links point to them, if the files
haven't arrived yet, you just have some dangling symlinks until they do

this means you don't have to worry about trying to cache files in memory
before you can write them to disc and so makes the whole thing a lot
simpler to implement

On 14/09/10 22:06, Marc Murphy wrote:
> Have a look at libdsmcc. It will write by default to /tmp/cache I have modified
>my test software to notify of a new file or updated file version.
>

> Hope this helps
>
> Marc
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 14 Sep 2010, at 21:31, "Suchita Gupta" <suchitagupta@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First of all, I am new to this list, so I am not sire if this is right place
>>for
>>
>> this question.
>> If not, please forgive me and point me to right list.
>>
>> I am writing a DSMCC decoding implementation to persist it to local
>filesystem.
>> I am unable to understand few thiings related to "srg"
>>
>> I know, it represents the top level directory. But how do I get the name of
>>this
>>
>> directory?
>> I can extract the names of subdirs and files using name components but where is
>>
>> the name of top level directory?
>>
>> Also, as far as I understand it, I can't start writing to the local filesystem
>
>> until I have acquired the whole carousel.
>>
>> Can, anyone please provide me some guidance.
>>
>> Thanks in Advance,
>> rs

- --
Simon Kilvington

* Re: [linux-dvb] DSM-CC question
@ 2010-09-17  9:00 ` Marek Pikarski
From: Marek Pikarski @ 2010-09-17  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: linux-dvb

Hi,

Suchita Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, I am new to this list, so I am not sire if this is right place for
> this question.
> If not, please forgive me and point me to right list.
>
> I am writing a DSMCC decoding implementation to persist it to local filesystem.
> I am unable to understand few thiings related to "srg"
>
> I know, it represents the top level directory. But how do I get the name of this
> directory?
> I can extract the names of subdirs and files using name components but where is
> the name of top level directory?

The SRG component defines the carousel's root directory "/" which you
are going to
mount somewhere to an absolute path on your local filesystem.

> Also, as far as I understand it, I can't start writing to the local filesystem
> until I have acquired the whole carousel.

The referenced ObjectKey's data gets delivered with modules, at the
latest from
this point you can store the FIL objects to disk, as these are then
really available.
The directory structure can be created immediately, of course.

> Can, anyone please provide me some guidance.

Don't hesitate to ask more detailed questions, thats the right place here!

Regards, Marek

* [linux-dvb] DSM-CC question
@ 2010-09-14 20:26 Suchita Gupta