* new PM branch: OPP layer included
@ 2010-04-23 23:23 Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2010-04-23 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap

Hello,

I just pushed a new PM branch.  I did a bunch of reordering and
restructuring of branches to include the OPP layer (more on this
below.)

OPP layer:

pm-wip-opp branch gone, merged into PM branch

What was in pm-wip-opp has now been broken up into a set of patches
that can be combined and queued for upstream (pm-opp branch) as well
as sets of patches for SR and SRF which are now on their respective
branches (pm-sr, pm-srf)

Next step is to combine the patches in pm-opp branch into a sensible
series that can be submitted for the next merge window.

Smart Reflex:

Thara's v3 series available as pm-wip-sr.  This is now based directly
on the new PM branch instead of on pm-wip-opp.

NOTE: the hwmod patches are now merged into l-o (omap-fixes branch)
      so they are no longer in pm-wip-sr.

I didn't get to reviewing this series yet, but did test it out a bit
on top of thenew PM branch.  I gave this some basic testing on n900
and Zoom3 (required a u-boot update first) but basic OPP changes from
userspace governor worked on both.

SRF:

This is still included in the PM branch (pm-srf branch), but will be
removed from the official PM branch.  It will be maintained as a
separate branch for a short time (1 month max) and then dropped.
Anyone else who wants to continue maintenance of SRF is free to do so.

Kevin

* RE: new PM branch: OPP layer included
@ 2010-04-26 12:57 ` G, Manjunath Kondaiah
From: G, Manjunath Kondaiah @ 2010-04-26 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Hilman, linux-omap

Kevin,
This merge has broken omap zoom3 build.

Error log:
In file included from arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap-pm.h:21,
                 from arch/arm/mach-omap2/hsmmc.c:19:
arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/opp.h: In function 'opp_find_freq_exact':
arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/opp.h:255: error: implicit declaration of function 'ERR_PTR'

-Manjunath

@ 2010-04-26 16:51   ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2010-04-26 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G, Manjunath Kondaiah; +Cc: linux-omap

"G, Manjunath Kondaiah" <manjugk@ti.com> writes:

> Kevin,
> This merge has broken omap zoom3 build.
>
> Error log:
> In file included from arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap-pm.h:21,
>                  from arch/arm/mach-omap2/hsmmc.c:19:
> arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/opp.h: In function 'opp_find_freq_exact':
> arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/opp.h:255: error: implicit declaration of function 'ERR_PTR'

Thanks for the report.  Looks like zoom3_defconfig doesn't have
CPUFreq enabled which is why I didn't see this with
omap3_pm_defconfig.

Disabling CPUfreq led to a couple other compile warnings which I've
fixed up in the original patches in the pm-opp branch.

Pushed a new PM branch with these fixes.

Kevin

@ 2010-05-04 17:43 ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2010-05-04 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 16:23 -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote:

[...]

> Smart Reflex:
>
> Thara's v3 series available as pm-wip-sr.  This is now based directly
> on the new PM branch instead of on pm-wip-opp.
>
> NOTE: the hwmod patches are now merged into l-o (omap-fixes branch)
>       so they are no longer in pm-wip-sr.

Just to clarify...  The hwmod patches I was referring to here are the
hwmod fixes from Thara, not the pm-wip/hwmods branch.

Kevin