* DPDK patchwork upgrade
@ 2016-09-07 15:01 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-09-07 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Stephen Finucane

Hi all,

Patchwork is upgraded from a pre-0.9 version to 1.1.1:
	http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork

This new version brings 2 new columns:

	- A/R/T for Acked-by/Reviewed-by/Tested-by counters.
Unfortunately it does not yet parse the cover letter of a series.

	- S/W/F for Success/Warning/Fail counters in tests.
It will help to integrate the reports of distributed CI from
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/test-report/

If you have some concerns or comments about this new version,
please reply here. I'm sure Stephen Finucane (cc'ed) will be
interested by our feedbacks.
Thanks

* Re: DPDK patchwork upgrade
@ 2016-09-07 15:11 ` Stephen Finucane
From: Stephen Finucane @ 2016-09-07 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

> Hi all,
>
> Patchwork is upgraded from a pre-0.9 version to 1.1.1:
> 	http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork
>
> This new version brings 2 new columns:
>
> 	- A/R/T for Acked-by/Reviewed-by/Tested-by counters.
> Unfortunately it does not yet parse the cover letter of a series.

It's coming:
    https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/commit/36953b
Along with a REST API, thankfully:

    https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/commit/92b6e6a

> 	- S/W/F for Success/Warning/Fail counters in tests.
> It will help to integrate the reports of distributed CI from
> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/test-report/
>
> If you have some concerns or comments about this new version,
> please reply here. I'm sure Stephen Finucane (cc'ed) will be
> interested by our feedbacks.
Better yet, use the mailing list:
    patchwork@lists.ozlabs.org
Stephen

* Re: DPDK patchwork upgrade
@ 2016-09-07 16:40 ` De Lara Guarch, Pablo
From: De Lara Guarch, Pablo @ 2016-09-07 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, dev; +Cc: Stephen Finucane

Good news that patchwork is getting better :)

I am looking at it, and I see two issues:
- There are some patches that have been acked, but I don't see that in patchwork
(e.g. http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/15381/)

- Is there any way to see if patches in a patchset have been acked?
Usually, patchsets are acked by replying to the cover letter,
but this is not going to be reflected in Patchwork, correct?

Thanks for the work,
Pablo

> Thanks

* Re: DPDK patchwork upgrade
@ 2016-09-07 17:01   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-09-07 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: De Lara Guarch, Pablo, Stephen Finucane; +Cc: dev

2016-09-07 16:40, De Lara Guarch, Pablo:
> I am looking at it, and I see two issues:
> - There are some patches that have been acked, but I don't see that in patchwork
> (e.g. http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/15381/)

Yes the new columns are empty.
I guess they will be filled starting from now.
Stephen, could we re-parse old emails (from August/September) to fill
A/R/T without breaking the database?

> - Is there any way to see if patches in a patchset have been acked?
> Usually, patchsets are acked by replying to the cover letter,
> but this is not going to be reflected in Patchwork, correct?

Yes, I think the next version of patchwork will support series
and cover letter parsing.

Maybe we could also be able to check the message id of a previous
cover letter before sending a new version of a series?

* Re: DPDK patchwork upgrade
@ 2016-09-22  6:34     ` Liu, Yong
From: Liu, Yong @ 2016-09-22  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, Stephen Finucane; +Cc: dev

Thomas,
There's another new column "S/W/F" added in latest patchwork. This column is represent for validation status "success/warning/failure".
At last the status will be stored into patchwork_check database and used for continuous integration.
Below is just one sample for check infor. Do you have any plan to implement it in dpdk validation process?

./patchwork/bin/pwclient check-info 1
Information for check id 1
--------------------------
- context       : stv-test
- date          : 2016-09-22 23:51:07.476802
- description   : test report from STV team
- id            : 1
- patch         : Add sqlparse to production requirements.
- patch_id      : 1077
- state         : success
- target_url    : N/A
- user          : root
- user_id       : 1

@ 2016-09-22  8:10       ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-09-22  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liu, Yong; +Cc: De Lara Guarch, Pablo, Stephen Finucane, dev

2016-09-22 06:34, Liu, Yong:
> Thomas,
> There's another new column "S/W/F" added in latest patchwork. This column is represent for validation status "success/warning/failure".
> At last the status will be stored into patchwork_check database and used for continuous integration.
> Below is just one sample for check infor. Do you have any plan to implement it in dpdk validation process?

Yes, that's the plan:
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-September/046282.html
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2015-July/022132.html

* Re: DPDK patchwork upgrade
@ 2016-10-10 18:09     ` Stephen Finucane
From: Stephen Finucane @ 2016-10-10 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, De Lara Guarch, Pablo; +Cc: dev

> 2016-09-07 16:40, De Lara Guarch, Pablo:
> > I am looking at it, and I see two issues:
> > - There are some patches that have been acked, but I don't see that in patchwork
> > (e.g. http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/15381/)
>
> Yes the new columns are empty.
> I guess they will be filled starting from now.
> Stephen, could we re-parse old emails (from August/September) to fill
> A/R/T without breaking the database?

You sure can - use the 'retag' command [1]:

    ./manage.py retag

I should probably have included that in the upgrade notes...

Stephen

[1] https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/blob/stable/1.1/patchwork/management/commands/retag.py

* Re: DPDK patchwork upgrade
@ 2016-10-11  8:42       ` Maxim Uvarov
From: Maxim Uvarov @ 2016-10-11  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Finucane; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, dev

That is looks really good and should save a lot of time for maintainer
taking already validated patches. How hard is connection between patchwork,
mailing list tags and testing system? Is that all inside patchwork or you
wrote it specially for dpdk?  I would really like to have the same thing
for my projects.

Thank you,
Maxim.

@ 2016-10-11  9:05         ` Stephen Finucane
From: Stephen Finucane @ 2016-10-11  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Uvarov; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, dev

> > You sure can - use the 'retag' command [1]:
> >
> >     ./manage.py retag
> >
> > I should probably have included that in the upgrade notes...
> >
> > Stephen
> >
> > [1]  https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/blob/stable/1.1/patchwork/management/commands/> retag.py
>
> That is looks really good and should save a lot of time for
> maintainer taking already validated patches. How hard is connection
> between patchwork, mailing list tags and testing system? Is that
> all inside patchwork or you wrote it specially for dpdk?  I  would
> really like to have the same thing for my projects.

Not difficult at all, and improving all the time. dpdk.org uses upstream
Patchwork, so I'd suggest looking at the documentation [1] for some
advice of getting both developer and deployment versions configured.
Alternatively, Andy Doan in Linaro is working on Patchwork and might be
able to help you out some?

Stephen

[1] patchwork.readthedocs.io/en/latest/development/