* RE: HP nw8000 never wakes up from acpi suspend
@ 2004-10-09 15:10 Yu, Luming
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-10-09 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vadim Zeitlin, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

S1 is less important than S3 and S4.
So, please verify S4 is ok, then S3.
S1 is nice-to-have.

try command " echo -n 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep" for s4
echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" for  s3
echo -n 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep"  for s1.

There is a known S3 VGA resume issue on some laptop.
Maybe you will hit that bug. Please verify.

Thanks,
Luming

* Re[2]: HP nw8000 never wakes up from acpi suspend
@ 2004-10-09 15:24 ` Vadim Zeitlin
       [not found]   ` <E1CGJ5Z-0000X8-00-TxxZIs+w8t4JvtFkdXX2HpqQE7yCjDx5@public.gmane.org>
From: Vadim Zeitlin @ 2004-10-09 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu, Luming, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 23:10:11 +0800 "Yu, Luming" <luming.yu-ral2JQCrhuEAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

YL> S1 is less important than S3 and S4.
YL> So, please verify S4 is ok, then S3.
YL> S1 is nice-to-have.

 Thank you for your reply! I realize that S1 is less important, I'd mostly
like to have S3 work.

YL> try command " echo -n 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep" for s4
YL> echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" for  s3
YL> echo -n 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep"  for s1.

 Hmm, all of these commands do nothing here. I.e. the command succeeds
without any observable effect.

 I should say that nothing happens when I do "echo -n disk (or standby) >
/sys/power/state" but when I do "echo mem > /sys/power/state" I can see
messages on the console saying "PM entering sleep state" (I'm not sure,
they disappear too quickly and syslog is apparently not written to any
more) and the machine does indeed fall asleep -- but doesn't wake up.

YL> There is a known S3 VGA resume issue on some laptop.
YL> Maybe you will hit that bug. Please verify.

 What should I do to verify this? Just in case, the video card is ATI
OpenGL T2.

 Thanks again,
VZ

@ 2004-10-11 16:24     ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2004-10-11 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vadim Zeitlin; +Cc: Yu, Luming, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi!

> YL> S1 is less important than S3 and S4.
> YL> So, please verify S4 is ok, then S3.
> YL> S1 is nice-to-have.
>
>  Thank you for your reply! I realize that S1 is less important, I'd mostly
> like to have S3 work.
>
> YL> try command " echo -n 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep" for s4
> YL> echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" for  s3
> YL> echo -n 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep"  for s1.
>
>  Hmm, all of these commands do nothing here. I.e. the command succeeds
> without any observable effect.

s4 really should work. Unload usb and read
Documentation/power/swsusp.txt. You need to pass commandline parameter
etc.
								Pavel

* RE: Re[2]: HP nw8000 never wakes up from acpi suspend
@ 2004-10-09 15:38 Yu, Luming
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-10-09 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vadim Zeitlin, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

> I should say that nothing happens when I do "echo -n disk (or
>standby) >
>/sys/power/state" but when I do "echo mem > /sys/power/state" I can see
>messages on the console saying "PM entering sleep state" (I'm not sure,
>they disappear too quickly and syslog is apparently not written to any
>more) and the machine does indeed fall asleep -- but doesn't wake up.

It sounds like VGA issue.

>YL> There is a known S3 VGA resume issue on some laptop.
>YL> Maybe you will hit that bug. Please verify.
>
> What should I do to verify this? Just in case, the video card is ATI
>OpenGL T2.

Please try "echo mem > /sys/power/state" from X window.