* Re: Re: setting values to CICR2 register in PXA320 Quick Capture Interface
@ 2009-04-23 13:15 judith.baumgarten
From: judith.baumgarten @ 2009-04-23 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian PANTALEAO, video4linux-list

Hi Florian,

first: Thanks for your answer!

Do you know, if actually somebody works at this point? I asked google, but it didn't find a newer driver for a PXA-Camera.
I also had the chance to look at the Documentation of the PXA270, and it isn't as detailed as the one for PXA320, but the register also exists and has the same hardware address. So the "old" driver would work for me so far, if there would be a way to set the register.

regards
Judith

From: fpantaleao @ 2009-04-23 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: judith.baumgarten; +Cc: video4linux-list

> Hi Florian,
>
> first: Thanks for your answer!
>
> Do you know, if actually somebody works at this point? I asked
> google, but it didn't find a newer driver for a PXA-Camera.

Since XScale business was sold by Intel to Marvell, all XScale
documentation access requires NDA which discourages open source
development.
I think there are few chances to find open PXA3xx camera driver one day.

> I also had the chance to look at the Documentation of the PXA270,
> and it isn't as detailed as the one for PXA320, but the register
> also exists and has the same hardware address. So the "old" driver
> would work for me so far, if there would be a way to set the register.

CICR2 is set to 0 for PXA27x, would be better to allow its
initialization with platform_data.
 From userland, you can set it with /dev/mem but CI must be stopped
first and then restarted: not the best way.