* Linux Plumber's Conference: Call for Working Session Submissions
@ 2010-07-08  1:14 Theodore Ts'o
From: Theodore Ts'o @ 2010-07-08  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

The Planning Committee for the Linux Plumbers Conference (LPC) is happy
to announce that submissions to the "micro-conferences" portion of the
conference is now open.  The micro-conferences are working session
focused on specific infrastructural "plumbing" in the Linux system --
kernel subsystems, core libraries, windowing system, etc. -- which are
half-day in length.

The potential topics for the working sessions can be found at the Topics
page[1] of the LPC wiki and include:

	* Power Management
	* Virtualization
	* Mono
	* Desktop
	* Tracing
	* Real-time response for full FOSS/Linux stack
	* User-visible Problems in Networking
	* Media Infrastructure
	* Audio
	* HA Clustering
	* Legal Hygiene
	* Embedded Topics
	* Boot/init

[1] http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010:topics

The topics that will actually have working sessions scheduled at the LPC
will depend on the submissions to the microconference and on the ability
of its respective community to organize a successful working session;
see "Responsibility of a working session leader"[2] page on the LPC
wiki for more details.

[2] http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010:responsibilities_of_a_working_session_leader

Microconference submissions do not have to reflect finished work.  In
fact, proposals or proof-of-concepts of potential solutions to important
problems are encouraged, so they can be discussed and debated during the
microconference.  Proposals for presentations at a microconference may
be submitted here [3]:

[3] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/events/LPC2010MC/proposals

In addition to the micro conference, the Linux Plumbers Conference has
open calls for papers[4] and BOF's[5].

[4] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/events/LPC2010/proposals
[5] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/events/LPC2010BOFS/proposals

For further announcements about LPC, please watch our blog[6] or
subscribe to our LPC announcements mailing list[7].

[6] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/feed/rss

* Re: Linux Plumber's Conference: Call for Working Session Submissions
@ 2010-08-20  8:31   ` Pawel Osciak
From: Pawel Osciak @ 2010-08-20  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab

On 08/20/2010 01:27 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em 24-07-2010 17:43, Mauro Carvalho Chehab escreveu:
>
>> CFP dead line for submitting proposals to LPC/2010 is approaching.
>> For those that intends to submit proposals for it, please do it quickly,
>> as the official dead line is July, 26.
>>
> Guys,
>
> We're trying to close the track definitions and start organizing it, but, so far,
> we received very few proposals for the media track. So, if you're interested
> on speaking there, please send a proposal at the Plumbers site and ping me
> urgently.

Hi Mauro,
I have added a proposal for a topic about videobuf. If you think it
needs any changes/corrections, please let me know.

http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/915

--
Best regards,
Pawel Osciak

* Re: Linux Plumber's Conference: Call for Working Session Submissions
@ 2010-08-19 16:27 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2010-08-19 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Em 24-07-2010 17:43, Mauro Carvalho Chehab escreveu:
> CFP dead line for submitting proposals to LPC/2010 is approaching.
> For those that intends to submit proposals for it, please do it quickly,
> as the official dead line is July, 26.

Guys,

We're trying to close the track definitions and start organizing it, but, so far,
we received very few proposals for the media track. So, if you're interested
on speaking there, please send a proposal at the Plumbers site and ping me
urgently.

Thanks!
Mauro

@ 2010-07-26  8:15 ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2010-07-26  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mauro,

On Saturday 24 July 2010 22:43:35 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> CFP dead line for submitting proposals to LPC/2010 is approaching.
> For those that intends to submit proposals for it, please do it quickly,
> as the official dead line is July, 26.

I'm submitted a media controller presentation proposal.

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: Linux Plumber's Conference: Call for Working Session Submissions
@ 2010-07-25 18:37       ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2010-07-25 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Em 25-07-2010 15:20, Jarod Wilson escreveu:
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> <mchehab@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jarod,
>>
>> Em 25-07-2010 13:10, Jarod Wilson escreveu:
>>>
>>> I've submitted a proposal for a Linux HTPC presentation, intending to
>>> cover everything from low-level v4l/dvb drivers, video decoder drivers
>>> and IR drivers, up the stack to userspace (primarily mythtv and a bit
>>> of xbmc). Also submitted a micro-conf proposal for media-related bits,
>>> as I didn't see one yet, and at the time, the proposal submission
>>> deadline was only a day or two out (this was before it got extended to
>>> the 26th) and I believe you were on vacation,
>>
>> Good to know. Yes, I was on vacation, just returning back and trying to get rid
>> of the immense amount of emails and spams from my inboxes...
>
> One of the many joys of returning from vacation... :)

Yeah...

>> To be clear, the dead line for the LPC conf is by July, 26, but we still have
>> more time for the mini-conf tracks.
>>
>>> so your submission and
>>> mine are essentially duplicates.
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/621
>>> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/195
>>
>> No, they won't conflict. My "proposal" is for leading the mini-conf panel, and not
>> for the presentation itself (it is not really a proposal - it is just the way it
>> is defined for the panel leads to register the panels).
>
> The two linked above do, they're both mini-conf panel proposals, I
> submitted both a mini-conf proposal and a presentation proposal.

Ah, now I see... Thanks for submitting it in my behalf. I'll double check what's
the better way to adjust your proposals with mine.

Thanks,
Mauro

* Re: Linux Plumber's Conference: Call for Working Session Submissions
@ 2010-07-25 18:20     ` Jarod Wilson
From: Jarod Wilson @ 2010-07-25 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

<mchehab@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Jarod,
>
> Em 25-07-2010 13:10, Jarod Wilson escreveu:
>> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
>> <mchehab@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> CFP dead line for submitting proposals to LPC/2010 is approaching.
>>> For those that intends to submit proposals for it, please do it quickly,
>>> as the official dead line is July, 26.
>>
>> I've submitted a proposal for a Linux HTPC presentation, intending to
>> cover everything from low-level v4l/dvb drivers, video decoder drivers
>> and IR drivers, up the stack to userspace (primarily mythtv and a bit
>> of xbmc). Also submitted a micro-conf proposal for media-related bits,
>> as I didn't see one yet, and at the time, the proposal submission
>> deadline was only a day or two out (this was before it got extended to
>> the 26th) and I believe you were on vacation,
>
> Good to know. Yes, I was on vacation, just returning back and trying to get rid
> of the immense amount of emails and spams from my inboxes...

One of the many joys of returning from vacation... :)

> To be clear, the dead line for the LPC conf is by July, 26, but we still have
> more time for the mini-conf tracks.
>
>> so your submission and
>> mine are essentially duplicates.
>>
>> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/621
>> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/195
>
> No, they won't conflict. My "proposal" is for leading the mini-conf panel, and not
> for the presentation itself (it is not really a proposal - it is just the way it
> is defined for the panel leads to register the panels).

The two linked above do, they're both mini-conf panel proposals, I
submitted both a mini-conf proposal and a presentation proposal.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod@wilsonet.com

* Re: Linux Plumber's Conference: Call for Working Session Submissions
@ 2010-07-25 17:35   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2010-07-25 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jarod,

Em 25-07-2010 13:10, Jarod Wilson escreveu:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> <mchehab@redhat.com> wrote:
>> CFP dead line for submitting proposals to LPC/2010 is approaching.
>> For those that intends to submit proposals for it, please do it quickly,
>> as the official dead line is July, 26.
>
> I've submitted a proposal for a Linux HTPC presentation, intending to
> cover everything from low-level v4l/dvb drivers, video decoder drivers
> and IR drivers, up the stack to userspace (primarily mythtv and a bit
> of xbmc). Also submitted a micro-conf proposal for media-related bits,
> as I didn't see one yet, and at the time, the proposal submission
> deadline was only a day or two out (this was before it got extended to
> the 26th) and I believe you were on vacation,

Good to know. Yes, I was on vacation, just returning back and trying to get rid
of the immense amount of emails and spams from my inboxes...

To be clear, the dead line for the LPC conf is by July, 26, but we still have
more time for the mini-conf tracks.

> so your submission and
> mine are essentially duplicates.
>
> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/621
> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/195

No, they won't conflict. My "proposal" is for leading the mini-conf panel, and not
for the presentation itself (it is not really a proposal - it is just the way it
is defined for the panel leads to register the panels).

Cheers,
Mauro

* Re: Linux Plumber's Conference: Call for Working Session Submissions
@ 2010-07-25 16:10 ` Jarod Wilson
From: Jarod Wilson @ 2010-07-25 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

<mchehab@redhat.com> wrote:
> CFP dead line for submitting proposals to LPC/2010 is approaching.
> For those that intends to submit proposals for it, please do it quickly,
> as the official dead line is July, 26.

I've submitted a proposal for a Linux HTPC presentation, intending to
cover everything from low-level v4l/dvb drivers, video decoder drivers
and IR drivers, up the stack to userspace (primarily mythtv and a bit
of xbmc). Also submitted a micro-conf proposal for media-related bits,
as I didn't see one yet, and at the time, the proposal submission
deadline was only a day or two out (this was before it got extended to
the 26th) and I believe you were on vacation, so your submission and
mine are essentially duplicates.

http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/621
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2010/ocw/proposals/195

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod@wilsonet.com

* Linux Plumber's Conference: Call for Working Session Submissions
@ 2010-07-24 20:43 Mauro Carvalho Chehab
                   ` (2 more replies)