* [ kvm-Bugs-2418470 ] libvirt save/restore broken after upgrading to kvm-80
@ 2010-11-26 10:06 SourceForge.net
From: SourceForge.net @ 2010-11-26 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: noreply

Bugs item #2418470, was opened at 2008-12-11 22:44
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jessorensen
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=2418470&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: qemu
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 on i386 (Intel Core2 Quad Q6600). virsh commands save and restore work just fine with the default kvm-72 based setup. I upgraded to kvm-80 by backporting the kvm-79 package from jaunty development tree with kvm-80 upstream source applied on top. Everything else seems to work ok for me except that now libvirt based restore stopped working. Save produces dump of the vm memory, but when running restore, the machine just boots, it does not resume the state.

The save/restore also works if running kvm-72 users pace and kvm-80 kernel modules. Maybe there's something wrong with the migration code in kvm-80 user space, afaik libvirt uses that to implement save/restore.

Tuomas Jormola

Date: 2010-11-26 11:06

Message:
If you do an upgrade you need to upgrade libvirt to match.

@ 2008-12-11 21:44 SourceForge.net