* the latest dom0 tree
@ 2009-04-20  8:53 Jiang, Yunhong
From: Jiang, Yunhong @ 2009-04-20  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge; +Cc: Xen-devel

Hi, Jeremy, when I check the latest dom0 tree, seems the latest changeset is still in March 29 as shown below. As I'm new to git, so I want to confirm I didn't make anything wrong, and there is no changes after that?
And also, all pv_dom0 work should base on xen/dom0/hackery branch, am I right?

Thanks
Yunhong Jiang

Author: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy.fitzhardinge@citrix.com>
Date:   Sun Mar 29 15:54:17 2009 -0700

    Merge branch 'xen/core' into xen/dom0/hackery

    * xen/core:
      xen: mask events on interrupt gates properly
      xen: set _PAGE_NX in __supported_pte_mask before pagetable construction

    Conflicts:
        arch/x86/xen/enlighten.c

* Re: the latest dom0 tree
@ 2009-04-20 10:28 ` M A Young
From: M A Young @ 2009-04-20 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xen-devel

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Jiang, Yunhong wrote:

> Hi, Jeremy, when I check the latest dom0 tree, seems the latest
> changeset is still in March 29 as shown below. As I'm new to git, so I
> want to confirm I didn't make anything wrong, and there is no changes
> after that? And also, all pv_dom0 work should base on xen/dom0/hackery
> branch, am I right?

xen/dom0/hackery was left behind a bit during the attempt to get dom0 into
2.6.30 during the merge window. Alternate branches to use are
push2/xen/dom0/master and xen-tip/next . I believe the plan is that
xen-tip/next will become the branch to use, but not all the patches from
the other branches have been copied across yet.

 	Michael Young

* RE: the latest dom0 tree
@ 2009-04-20 15:09   ` Jiang, Yunhong
From: Jiang, Yunhong @ 2009-04-20 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M A Young, Xen-devel

Thanks for your information. Seems xen-tip/next is changed in April 14 while push2/xen/dom0/master is still in Mar 29. Can I assume all patch is hackery or push2/xen/dom0/master is in xen-tip/next already? If yes, I will base my patch on xen-tip/next.

Thanks.
Jiang Yunhong

xen-devel-bounces@lists.xensource.com wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
>
>> Hi, Jeremy, when I check the latest dom0 tree, seems the latest
>> changeset is still in March 29 as shown below. As I'm new to git, so
>> I want to confirm I didn't make anything wrong, and there is no
>> changes after that? And also, all pv_dom0 work should base on
>> xen/dom0/hackery branch, am I right?
>
> xen/dom0/hackery was left behind a bit during the attempt to
> get dom0 into
> 2.6.30 during the merge window. Alternate branches to use are
> push2/xen/dom0/master and xen-tip/next . I believe the plan is that
> xen-tip/next will become the branch to use, but not all the patches
> from the other branches have been copied across yet.
>
> 	Michael Young

* RE: the latest dom0 tree
@ 2009-04-20 19:15     ` M A Young
From: M A Young @ 2009-04-20 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiang, Yunhong; +Cc: Xen-devel

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Jiang, Yunhong wrote:

> Thanks for your information. Seems xen-tip/next is changed in April 14
> while push2/xen/dom0/master is still in Mar 29. Can I assume all patch
> is hackery or push2/xen/dom0/master is in xen-tip/next already? If yes,
> I will base my patch on xen-tip/next.

Unfortunately no. I would imagine the most or all of the patches in
push2/xen/dom0/master are in xen-tip/next, but there may be some
more in hackery that haven't been copied across yet.

 	Michael Young

* RE: the latest dom0 tree
@ 2009-04-23  1:43       ` Jiang, Yunhong
From: Jiang, Yunhong @ 2009-04-23  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M A Young; +Cc: Xen-devel

Thanks. I will have a try firstly.

--jyh

M A Young wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your information. Seems xen-tip/next is changed in April
>> 14 while push2/xen/dom0/master is still in Mar 29. Can I assume all
>> patch is hackery or push2/xen/dom0/master is in xen-tip/next
>> already? If yes, I will base my patch on xen-tip/next.
>
> Unfortunately no. I would imagine the most or all of the patches in
> push2/xen/dom0/master are in xen-tip/next, but there may be some
> more in hackery that haven't been copied across yet.
>
> 	Michael Young

* Re: the latest dom0 tree
@ 2009-04-23 17:22     ` Jeremy Fitzhardinge
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge @ 2009-04-23 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiang, Yunhong; +Cc: Xen-devel, M A Young

Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
> Thanks for your information. Seems xen-tip/next is changed in April 14 while push2/xen/dom0/master is still in Mar 29. Can I assume all patch is hackery or push2/xen/dom0/master is in xen-tip/next already? If yes, I will base my patch on xen-tip/next.

Yes, that would work.  Though preferably you could base your topic
branch on the most appropriate topic branch and work on that (so that
unrelated upstream changes don't have an impact on your work).

* RE: the latest dom0 tree
@ 2009-04-24  1:51       ` Jiang, Yunhong
From: Jiang, Yunhong @ 2009-04-24  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge; +Cc: Xen-devel, M A Young