* First stab at ea inode disk format doc updates
@ 2017-06-22 18:18 Darrick J. Wong
From: Darrick J. Wong @ 2017-06-22 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tahsin Erdogan; +Cc: Andreas Dilger, Theodore Ts'o, linux-ext4

Hi all,

I've taken a first stab at capturing the on-disk format updates for ea
inodes.  Let me know about any inaccuracies (though being a wiki, you
can fix them yourself if you're so inclined).

Also -- what is the value of i_mtime (ea inode parent pointer) when the
refcount > 1?

--D

[1] https://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Ext4_Disk_Layout

* Re: First stab at ea inode disk format doc updates
@ 2017-06-22 18:52 ` Tahsin Erdogan
From: Tahsin Erdogan @ 2017-06-22 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darrick J. Wong; +Cc: Andreas Dilger, Theodore Ts'o, linux-ext4

hi Darrick,

> Also -- what is the value of i_mtime (ea inode parent pointer) when the
> refcount > 1?

In the current implementation, xattr inode format is assumed to be in
the new format (refcount in i_ctime and l_i_version, hash in i_atime).
parent xattr e_hash field incorporates xattr inode hash to achieve
strong binding. If hash validation fails, we fallback to old binding
validation (xattr inode i_mtime == parent ino && xattr inode
i_generation == parent i_generation). The idea is to allow migration
from old lustre disks. So, if refcount is valid then value in i_mtime
is not defined.

* Re: First stab at ea inode disk format doc updates
@ 2017-06-29 23:50 ` Andreas Dilger
From: Andreas Dilger @ 2017-06-29 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darrick J. Wong; +Cc: Tahsin Erdogan, Theodore Ts'o, linux-ext4