* F_SETLK failed, file already locked
@ 2004-09-22  1:08 ms419
From: ms419 @ 2004-09-22  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfs

I'm running user mode linux using a root image stored on an NFS mount.
I frequently (though thus far unpredictably) encounter the following
error starting UML:

F_SETLK failed, file already locked by pid 25176

http://www.sfu.ca/~jdbates/nfs/screenlog

Where "pid 25176" changes, but is never the pid of a running process:
I've tried "ls /proc/25176", no such process exists. So far, the only
solution I've found is restarting the NFS server. This corrects the
problem every time.

I don't know whether the problem is with the NFS server, NFS client, or
user mode linux. Can anyone advise?

The NFS server is running Debian unstable, nfs-kernel-server 1.0.6-3, &
a custom 2.4.27 kernel.

The NFS client is running Debian unstable, nfs-common 1.0.6-3, & a
custom 2.6.7 kernel. They're connected by a crossover cable @ 10/100.

Thank you very much for any help!

Jack

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-22  1:08 UTC | newest]