* Error during Importing pexpect
@ 2018-04-24  7:09 Nishina A. Pervin
From: Nishina A. Pervin @ 2018-04-24  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

When I am trying to import pexpect to make my program interactive in Krogoth branch of Yocto build for imx6qsabreauto board, i am getting the following error: Please help me to resolve the issue.

root@imx6qsabreauto:/usr/bin# ./SensorTag.py B0:B4:48:BF:17:05
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./SensorTag.py", line 3, in <module>
    import pexpect
  File "/usr/bin/pexpect.py", line 41, in <module>
    Currently pexpect is intended for UNIX operating systems."""
ImportError: No module named pty
A critical module was not found. Probably this OS does not support it.
Currently pexpect is intended for UNIX operating systems.
root@imx6qsabreauto:/usr/bin#

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Nishina
________________________________

Confidentiality Statement / Disclaimer : This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.

The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.

________________________________

* Re: Error during Importing pexpect
@ 2018-04-24  9:47 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-04-24  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nishina A. Pervin; +Cc: yocto

On 24 April 2018 at 08:09, Nishina A. Pervin
<Nishina.Pervin@nestgroup.net> wrote:
> When I am trying to import pexpect to make my program interactive in Krogoth
> branch of Yocto build for imx6qsabreauto board, i am getting the following
> error: Please help me to resolve the issue.
> root@imx6qsabreauto:/usr/bin# ./SensorTag.py B0:B4:48:BF:17:05
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "./SensorTag.py", line 3, in <module>
>
>     import pexpect
>
>   File "/usr/bin/pexpect.py", line 41, in <module>
>
>     Currently pexpect is intended for UNIX operating systems."""
>
> ImportError: No module named pty

The dependencies on python-pexpect are not complete:

$ oe-pkgdata-util find-path */pty.py
python-terminal: /usr/lib/python2.7/pty.py
python3-terminal: /usr/lib/python3.5/pty.py

That's using Sumo so the names may be different for you, but repeat
that command and you'll find out what package you need to add to the
python-pexpect RDEPENDS.

Ross

* Re: Error during Importing pexpect
@ 2018-04-24 12:38   ` Nishina A. Pervin