* sysfs - /sys/bus/i2c/devices is empty ?
@ 2017-05-20  8:26 Karthik BalaGuru  T
From: Karthik BalaGuru  T @ 2017-05-20  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: platform-driver-x86, linux-i2c

Hi ,

The base kernel package(amd64 - 3.16-lts) that I brought up in intel atom processor based board seems to not have the devices listed in /sys/bus/i2c/devices folder of sysfs. Can someone let me know what possible reason could be for the emptiness of the /sys/bus/i2c/devices folder ? What is the missing piece or step here that should be brought in for getting the devices listed in /sys/bus/i2c/devices folder?

Thanks in advance,
Karthik Balaguru
Disclaimer :
This email communication may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not an intended recipient you are requested not to reproduce, copy disseminate or in any manner distribute this email communication as the same is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the communication sent in error. Email communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure & error free and Incedo Inc. is not liable for any errors in the email communication or for the proper, timely and complete transmission thereof.

* Re: sysfs - /sys/bus/i2c/devices is empty ?
@ 2017-05-22 17:47 ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2017-05-22 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karthik BalaGuru T; +Cc: platform-driver-x86, linux-i2c

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Karthik BalaGuru  T
<karthik.t@incedoinc.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> The base kernel package(amd64 - 3.16-lts) that I brought up in intel atom processor based board seems to not have the devices listed in /sys/bus/i2c/devices folder of sysfs. Can someone let me know what possible reason could be for the emptiness of the /sys/bus/i2c/devices folder ? What is the missing piece or step here that should be brought in for getting the devices listed in /sys/bus/i2c/devices folder?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Karthik Balaguru
> Disclaimer :
> This email communication may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not an intended recipient you are requested not to reproduce, copy disseminate or in any manner distribute this email communication as the same is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the communication sent in error. Email communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure & error free and Incedo Inc. is not liable for any errors in the email communication or for the proper, timely and complete transmission thereof.

You have to get rid of disclaimer first.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko