* READ CAPACITY for unregistered while PR EARO
@ 2023-11-28 15:30 Benjamin Coddington
From: Benjamin Coddington @ 2023-11-28 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi; +Cc: Christoph Hellwig

Hey SCSI experts,

Am I right to assume that /all/ SBC commands (I'm interested in READ
CAPACITY) should return CONFLICT to an unregistered I_T nexus when the
device server has Persistent Reservation, Exclusive Access - Registrants
Only?

I have access to SPC-4; table 66 only talks about SPC commands.

If so, I think it might make sense to call sd_revalidate_disk() directly
after a successful pr_register.

Ben

* Re: READ CAPACITY for unregistered while PR EARO
@ 2023-11-28 19:39 ` Benjamin Coddington
From: Benjamin Coddington @ 2023-11-28 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi; +Cc: Christoph Hellwig

On 28 Nov 2023, at 10:30, Benjamin Coddington wrote:

> Hey SCSI experts,
>
> Am I right to assume that /all/ SBC commands (I'm interested in READ
> CAPACITY) should return CONFLICT to an unregistered I_T nexus when the
> device server has Persistent Reservation, Exclusive Access - Registrants
> Only?
>
> I have access to SPC-4; table 66 only talks about SPC commands.
>
> If so, I think it might make sense to call sd_revalidate_disk() directly
> after a successful pr_register.

I found that SBC-4 specifies that READ CAPACITY should be allowed for all
reservation types, so it seems my issue is with the LIO target driver.

Ben