* merge window freeze
@ 2015-06-24  9:53 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2015-06-24  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: linux-wireless, netfilter-devel

I've processed all of my patch backlog and plan to do some merging
then prepare a pull request of net-next for Linus.

DO NOT submit any net-next changes at this time, please instead
wait for net-next to open up again (should be some time next week
or so).

Bug fixes, of course, are always welcome.

Thanks.

* Re: merge window freeze
@ 2015-06-24 10:25 ` Nikolay Aleksandrov
From: Nikolay Aleksandrov @ 2015-06-24 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: netdev

> On Jun 24, 2015, at 12:53 PM, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
>

> I've processed all of my patch backlog and plan to do some merging
> then prepare a pull request of net-next for Linus.
>
> DO NOT submit any net-next changes at this time, please instead
> wait for net-next to open up again (should be some time next week
> or so).
>
> Bug fixes, of course, are always welcome.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Dave,
I noticed that both of my bridge patches are marked with “Changes Requested”, but
there was no feedback why and also the first one:
"bridge: multicast: add a comment to br_port_state_selection about blocking state”
was ACKed and in the second one our discussion with Toshiaki
was about a possible bug that’s not related to the patch.
Could you please tell me what I have to change in them ?

Patch links:
[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/487591/
[2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/487608/

Thank you,
 Nik

* Re: merge window freeze
@ 2015-06-24 12:41   ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2015-06-24 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nikolay; +Cc: netdev

From: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@cumulusnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:25:47 +0300

> I noticed that both of my bridge patches are marked with “Changes Requested”, but
> there was no feedback why and also the first one:
> "bridge: multicast: add a comment to br_port_state_selection about blocking state”
> was ACKed and in the second one our discussion with Toshiaki
> was about a possible bug that’s not related to the patch.
> Could you please tell me what I have to change in them ?
>
> Patch links:
> [1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/487591/
> [2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/487608/

Indeed, I misread the feedback on patch #2.

Series applied, thanks.

* Re: merge window freeze
@ 2015-06-24 13:14     ` Nikolay Aleksandrov
From: Nikolay Aleksandrov @ 2015-06-24 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: netdev

> On Jun 24, 2015, at 3:41 PM, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
>
> From: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@cumulusnetworks.com>
> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:25:47 +0300
>
>> I noticed that both of my bridge patches are marked with “Changes Requested”, but
>> there was no feedback why and also the first one:
>> "bridge: multicast: add a comment to br_port_state_selection about blocking state”
>> was ACKed and in the second one our discussion with Toshiaki
>> was about a possible bug that’s not related to the patch.
>> Could you please tell me what I have to change in them ?
>>
>> Patch links:
>> [1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/487591/
>> [2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/487608/
>>

> Indeed, I misread the feedback on patch #2.
>
> Series applied, thanks.

Thanks Dave. I had a scalability concern with patch 2 and vlan ranges, but I’ll
keep testing and if I hit, or anyone else hits, an issue I’ll workout a fix.

Cheers,
 Nik