* [Buildroot] Xilinx KV260 Support
@ 2022-04-12  9:44 Neal Frager
From: Neal Frager @ 2022-04-12  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear buildroot community,

I am working on adding a defconfig for the Xilinx KV260 Starter Kit.
It is a low cost zynqmp development kit showcasing the first Xilinx Kria K26 SOM module.
https://www.xilinx.com/products/som/kria/kv260-vision-starter-kit.html

I have managed to get buildroot up and running on the hardware, but I currently need to implement some manual steps.

Here are the issues I need to solve.  Both are related to a device tree overlay.

1. Install the zynqmp-sck-kv-g-revB.dtbo to the output/images directory:
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_INTREE_DTS_NAME="xilinx/zynqmp-sm-k26-revA xilinx/zynqmp-sck-kv-g-revB"
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_DTB_OVERLAYS_SUPPORT=y

I need the build system to install the zynqmp-sm-k26-revA.dtb and the zynqmp-sck-kv-g-revB.dtbo files to the output/images directory.
I have tried the BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_DTB_OVERLAYS_SUPPORT option above, but I do not see how to get the zynqmp-sck-kv-g-revB.dtbo
Instead of the zynqmp-sck-kv-g-revB.dtb.

2. Apply the overlay to generate a system.dtb in the post-image.sh:

I am currently using the following command to generate the system.dtb that I need for booting:
fdtoverlay -o output/images/system.dtb -i output/images/zynqmp-sm-k26-revA.dtb output/images/zynqmp-sck-kv-g-revB.dtbo

Does anyone have a good idea for how I could implement this in a generic way in the post-image.sh script?

Perhaps someone can help me with a nice way to automate this, so that I can create a proper buildroot defconfig for the KV260?

Please let me know if you have any ideas or feedback.  Thanks for any support!

Best regards,

Neal Frager
AMD