* [Fuego] Tests for Linux OS
@ 2017-03-09 23:57 Victor Rodriguez
From: Victor Rodriguez @ 2017-03-09 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego

Hi team

I am looking if there is any documentation or bibliography that propose
test cases for a Linux OS, like : boot, memory sanity , system calls ,
libraries and so on.

I know is a really not solid question but I can't  find where to start to
validate an operating system and say .. yes this has the minimal quality

Regards

Victor Rodriguez

* Re: [Fuego] Tests for Linux OS
@ 2017-03-10 18:20 ` Bird, Timothy
From: Bird, Timothy @ 2017-03-10 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Rodriguez, fuego

There are so many tests one would conduct that it is hard to know where to start.
I don't know of any existing set of tests that are agreed upon to have this function.
Of course I'd like to add a testplan for this to Fuego.

But in the meantime, I think LTP is the closest thing we have to this.
In particular, the system call and posix test suite will validate that a number
of core features (including libraries and programs) are included and functioning
in your system.  Another test that is good would be the LSB-FHS test suite,
which is the Linux Standard Base, Filesystem Hierarchy Standard test.  It checks
that the system meets standards for directories, programs and file placement,
that conform to accepted practice for Linux systems.

Fuego already includes LTP and a posix test suite, but it would benefit from
the addition of LSB-FHS.
 -- Tim