From: "Bird, Timothy" <Tim.Bird@sony.com>
To: "fuego@lists.linuxfoundation.org" <fuego@lists.linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: dhinakar k <dhinakar.k@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fuego] Fuego URL/port configuration issues
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 01:15:14 +0000	[thread overview]

> From: Bird, Timothy on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:50 PM>
> I was poking around Fuego today and stumbled upon a problem related to
> the Jenkins URL configuration, including the port number.
>
> Basically, JENKINS_URL (which includes the current port number for Jenkins)
> does not show
> up in a job environment until after a user has been to the Jenkins
> configuration page and
> saved it (at least one time).
>
> Because of this behavior, abort_job in common.sh has a hardcoded URL for
> accessing Jenkins.
> (It should rely on BUILD_URL, but this also is missing sometimes).
>
> If we want to fully support allowing users to change the port number for
> Jenkins, we will have
> to come up with a solution for the abort_job() function.  My guess is that
> we'll want to
> actually configure the jenkins URL at docker image creation time, or on first
> run of Jenkins
> inside the container.  Apparently if the file
> /var/lib/jenkins/jenkins.model/JenkinsLocationConfiguration.xml
> exists, then Jenkins uses that to define the JENKINS_URL (and other _URL)
> environment variable.
> So maybe we just need to create one at provision time.  I haven't tested this
> yet.
>
> Anyway I thought I should report this issue.  I've made a Fuego issue for it at:
> http://bird.org/fuego/Issue_0039
>
> Dhinakar - in the short term you can, of course, edit fuego-
> core/engine/scripts/common.sh, function abort_job,
> and put the correct port in the URL used there.  But we need to figure out a
> better long-term solution for this.

OK - I've fixed this item for Fuego 1.1  - a fix is now at the top of the 'master' branch for this.
It turns out that if you add a jenkins.model.JenkinsLocationConfiguration.xml file, Jenkins
will detect it and hand out correct URLs, without requiring special user action.  I've modified abort_job
accordingly.  Now, if someone wants to change the port they need to change it in the
Jenkins configuration, and in this file, which starts in fuego/frontend-install, and ends up
in the container in /var/lib/jenkins.

Enjoy!
 -- Tim