* [Fuego] Serial port not able to access
@ 2018-03-23  8:30 Salinraj K
From: Salinraj K @ 2018-03-23  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego

I'm new to Fuego and jenkins. I'm trying to setup Fuego in ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine. I have given TRANSPORT="serial" and SERIAL="ttyUSB0" in my board file. And created the container using the script "docker-create-usb-privileged-container.sh". but while running the HelloWorld test, it shows error like the following

ERROR: could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/dev/ttyUSB0'

please help me

Regards

Salinraj K

* Re: [Fuego] Serial port not able to access
@ 2018-03-24  2:27 ` Tim.Bird
From: Tim.Bird @ 2018-03-24  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: salinraj.k, fuego

I'm sorry your having problems.  I'll try to help.

Do you have a LOGIN or PASSWORD configured for this board?
That shouldn't have affected the board access, but you may need
to use these values for the commands I recommend below.

Can you tell me what kind of board you have?

Can you try some commands at the command line in the docker container?

At the shell prompt in docker (usually '#'), try typing these commands:

# export LOGIN=<whatever your login is>
# export PASSWORD=<whatever your password is>
# serlogin -v -d /dev/ttyUSB0 $LOGIN -P $PASSWORD

If you have don't have a password for the account, leave off the
'-P $PASSWORD' portion of that command.

Let me know what you see.

Also, please do (inside the container):
# id
# ls -la /dev/ttyUSB0

and outside the container
$ ls -la /dev/ttyUSB0

If the serlogin doesn't have the access problem, but doesn't work, please send
me the output of:
# serlogin --debug -v -d /dev/ttyUSB0 $LOGIN -P $PASSWORD

Thanks,
 -- Tim