* [Fuego] Announcing Fuego Technical Jamboree Number 3 (2019) (and CFP)
@ 2019-07-01 18:20 Tim.Bird
From: Tim.Bird @ 2019-07-01 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego

Hello fellow Fuego developers and users,

We are having a technical face-to-face meeting in Japan, on Saturday, July 20.

This is the day following the Linux Foundation conferences:
 Open Source Summit Japan and Automotive Linux Summit Japan.

The Fuego meeting starts at 9:00 am and is located at the following address:
Toyosu campus of Shibaura Institute of Technology.
3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8548

There is a page with information about the event on the wiki at:
http://fuegotest.org/wiki/Fuego_Jamboree_3

In order to perform setup at the venue, we need the name and company of each
person who plans to attend.  We need this information by July 6 (this Saturday).

We will be discussing the latest features and work on Fuego, as well as having
discussions about our processes, roadmap, and intentions going forward with
the Fuego test framework.

Please register your intent to come to the meeting, by adding your name to the
table at the bottom of the page.  (If you do not already have one, you will need to
create an account on the fuegotest wiki in order to edit the table).  Please do this
by July 6, if possible.

Also, this e-mail serves as the "Call for Proposals" for the meeting.
If you have something you'd like to present, a lightning talk, a demo, or
even just a discussion topic, please let me know.  Please send your
proposal to the list and CC: me, so we can see how the agenda is shaping up.
(You can also e-mail me privately if you'd like, but my preference is for
public discussion of the agenda).  We'll try to fill out the agenda on the wiki
page over the next week or two, in preparation for the meeting.

Thanks and regards,
 -- Tim

* Re: [Fuego] Announcing Fuego Technical Jamboree Number 3 (2019) (and CFP)
@ 2019-07-03  8:41 ` daniel.sangorrin
From: daniel.sangorrin @ 2019-07-03  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim.Bird, fuego

Hi Tim,

I can talk about a few topics:
- A review of my talk at Linaro (Fuego with Gitlab/Ktest/LAVA/LKFT..)
- A review of the power-control subsystem
- A proposal for a simple board provisioning subsystem

Which one is more appealing to you?

Other topics I think are interesting.
- add support for VMs (easiest setup possible)
- explanation about tests recently contributed
- ability to monitor (CPU, memory, power)
- disturbance tests
- ability to run tests already installed on the target
- ability to run tests on R/O filesystems
- ability to do boot/reboot/kernel panic tests
- the ability to send jobs to fuego (put test) as in LAVA
- using the parameterizable option in jenkins to avoid overpopulation of jobs
- improve test packaging and installation

Thanks,
Daniel

@ 2019-07-04  4:27   ` Tim.Bird
From: Tim.Bird @ 2019-07-04  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: daniel.sangorrin, fuego

I'm going to number these so I can reference them more easily.

These would all be great.   Can you repeat the Linaro talk (which is
about integrating with external systems)?

I've been wanting to solve the board provisioning thing in a generic way
for a while, so for me 3 would be my next priority to hear about.

And actually, I think 2 is an important part of supporting provisioning,
so I'd like to have that discussion as well.

But I don't want you to have to make long slide decks.  Maybe we can
just have these discussion topics.

> Which one is more appealing to you?
>
> Other topics I think are interesting.
> 4- add support for VMs (easiest setup possible)
> 5- explanation about tests recently contributed
> 6- ability to monitor (CPU, memory, power)
> 7- disturbance tests
> 8- ability to run tests already installed on the target
> 9- ability to run tests on R/O filesystems
> 10- ability to do boot/reboot/kernel panic tests
> 11- the ability to send jobs to fuego (put test) as in LAVA
> 12- using the parameterizable option in jenkins to avoid overpopulation of jobs
> 13- improve test packaging and installation

Honestly, all of these are interesting.  My personal preference for topics
would be in this order:
6, 4, 5, 10, 13, 8, and then the rest

I've done some work on an asynchronous API as part of the batch test work,
that is intended to support monitors.  This work is not published yet, but I'd like
to discuss my ideas for how I think it would work, and get some feedback.
I'm very interested in taking the next step with this work.

I've also done some work on integration with the fserver back end, and I can
do a status update on that.

I'll try to come up with an agenda and we can discuss it on the list next week.
It's holiday time in the US, so I'll be away from my computer for the next few days.
 -- Tim

@ 2019-07-16  8:19     ` Tim.Bird
From: Tim.Bird @ 2019-07-16  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim.Bird, daniel.sangorrin, fuego

Daniel,

Did you decide what to present at the Fuego Jamboree on Saturday?

I've put a tentative schedule online here:
http://fuegotest.org/wiki/Fuego_Jamboree_3#Schedule

 I'm going to do 3 sessions (not counting the hacking session):
   - Review of 1.5 features
   - Discussion of current problems and issues that people are having with Fuego
   - Roadmap, priorities and wrap-up discussion

Since no one else has piped up with a proposal for a topic, you can do the 3 remaining
sessions.  If a session comes in, or we end up going long, I can sacrifice part or all of one of my sessions, or we could cut the hacking session.

Please let me know so I can get your sessions on the schedule.
 -- Tim

@ 2019-07-17  2:22       ` daniel.sangorrin
> Did you decide what to present at the Fuego Jamboree on Saturday?

Yes, I will go with the first option:
A review of my talk at Linaro (Fuego with Gitlab/Ktest/LAVA/LKFT..)

Thanks
Daniel