* [lm-sensors] lm sensors help
@ 2009-11-03  9:02 Rim Shao
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rim Shao @ 2009-11-03  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

I use the sensors to collect the hardware information(fan speed/cpu temperature/voltage) on HP workstation FF825AV with SUSE Linux 10 installed, and I installed lm_sensors-3.0.2-1 and i2c-tools-3.0.2 package to my system. Then I executed the 'sensors' on the shell console and got the errors below.

==============================
linux-ipworks:/mnt # sensors
No sensors found!
Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.
==============================

also I type the sensors-detect to detect which sensor chip in my hardware. But I was told that there is no chips found, and I confirm with HP service support that this workstation surely have sensors embeded on the motherboard.
I posted the output of the command below. can you please help to find little clew ? your valuable information are appreciated!

==============================
linux-ipworks:/mnt # sensors-detect
# sensors-detect revision 1.413 (2006/01/19 20:28:00)

This program will help you determine which I2C/SMBus modules you need to
load to use lm_sensors most effectively. You need to have i2c and
lm_sensors installed before running this program.
Also, you need to be `root', or at least have access to the /dev/i2c-*
files, for most things.
If you have patched your kernel and have some drivers built in, you can
safely answer NO if asked to load some modules. In this case, things may
seem a bit confusing, but they will still work.

It is generally safe and recommended to accept the default answers to all
questions, unless you know what you're doing.

 We can start with probing for (PCI) I2C or SMBus adapters.
 You do not need any special privileges for this.
 Do you want to probe now? (YES/no):
Probing for PCI bus adapters...
Sorry, no PCI bus adapters found.

We will now try to load each adapter module in turn.
If you have undetectable or unsupported adapters, you can have them
scanned by manually loading the modules before running this script.

 To continue, we need module `i2c-dev' to be loaded.
 If it is built-in into your kernel, you can safely skip this.
i2c-dev is already loaded.

 We are now going to do the adapter probings. Some adapters may hang halfway
 through; we can't really help that. Also, some chips will be double detected;
 we choose the one with the highest confidence value in that case.
 If you found that the adapter hung after probing a certain address, you can
 specify that address to remain unprobed. That often
 includes address 0x69 (clock chip).

Some chips are also accessible through the ISA bus. ISA probes are
typically a bit more dangerous, as we have to write to I/O ports to do
this. This is usually safe though.

Do you want to scan the ISA bus? (YES/no):
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78-J'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `Winbond W83781D'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `Winbond W83782D'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `Winbond W83627HF'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `Winbond W83627EHF'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595'
  Trying general detect... Failed!
Probing for `VIA Technologies VT82C686 Integrated Sensors'
  Trying general detect... Failed!
Probing for `VIA Technologies VT8231 Integrated Sensors'
  Trying general detect... Failed!
Probing for `ITE IT8712F'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `ITE IT8705F / SiS 950'
  Trying address 0x0290... Failed!
Probing for `IPMI BMC KCS'
  Trying address 0x0ca0... Failed!
Probing for `IPMI BMC SMIC'
  Trying address 0x0ca8... Failed!

Some Super I/O chips may also contain sensors. Super I/O probes are
typically a bit more dangerous, as we have to write to I/O ports to do
this. This is usually safe though.

Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
Probing for `ITE 8702F Super IO Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c01)
Probing for `ITE 8705F Super IO Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c01)
Probing for `ITE 8712F Super IO Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c01)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87351 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87360 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87363 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87364 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87365 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87365 Super IO Voltage Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87365 Super IO Thermal Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Voltage Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Thermal Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87372 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87373 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87591 Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87371 Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC97371 Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC8739x Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC8741x Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PCPC87427 Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC 47B27x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC 47M10x/13x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC 47M14x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC 47M15x/192/997 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC 47S42x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC 47S45x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC 47M172 Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC LPC47B397-NC Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `SMSC SCH5307-NS Super IO'
  Failed! (0x8c)
Probing for `VT1211 Super IO Sensors'
  Failed! (skipping family)
Probing for `Winbond W83627EHF/EHG Super IO Sensors'
  Failed! (skipping family)

Do you want to scan for secondary Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
Probing for `ITE 8702F Super IO Sensors'
  Failed! (skipping family)
Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87351 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (skipping family)
Probing for `SMSC 47B27x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `SMSC 47M10x/13x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `SMSC 47M14x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `SMSC 47M15x/192/997 Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `SMSC 47S42x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `SMSC 47S45x Super IO Fan Sensors'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `SMSC 47M172 Super IO'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `SMSC LPC47B397-NC Super IO'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `SMSC SCH5307-NS Super IO'
  Failed! (0x0b)
Probing for `VT1211 Super IO Sensors'
  Failed! (skipping family)
Probing for `Winbond W83627EHF/EHG Super IO Sensors'
  Failed! (skipping family)

 Sorry, no chips were detected.
 Either your sensors are not supported, or they are
 connected to an I2C bus adapter that we do not support.
 See doc/FAQ, doc/lm_sensors-FAQ.html, or
 http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/lm_sensors2/doc/lm_sensors-FAQ.html
 (FAQ #4.24.3) for further information.
 If you find out what chips are on your board, see
 http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/newdrivers.html for driver status.
Greetings,
Shao

Ericsson(China) Communication Co.,Ltd  Shanghai Branch
Building E, No. 1068 Tian Shan Road West
Shanghai, China 200335

Name: 邵永刚
TEL:   +86 21 22087306
MAIL: Rim.shao@ericsson.com

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

* Re: [lm-sensors] lm sensors help
@ 2009-11-06 12:46 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2009-11-06 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

Hi Shao,

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:02:42 +0800, Rim Shao wrote:
> I use the sensors to collect the hardware information(fan speed/cpu temperature/voltage) on HP workstation FF825AV with SUSE Linux 10

Which version of "SUSE Linux 10" are you using exactly? Except for SLE
products, they are all unmaintained by now and I wouldn't recommend
using them any longer.

> installed, and I installed lm_sensors-3.0.2-1 and i2c-tools-3.0.2 package to my system. Then I executed the 'sensors' on the shell console and got the errors below.
>
> ===============
> linux-ipworks:/mnt # sensors
> No sensors found!
> Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
> Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.
> ===============
>

> also I type the sensors-detect to detect which sensor chip in my hardware. But I was told that there is no chips found, and I confirm with HP service support that this workstation surely have sensors embeded on the motherboard.

Would they tell you which chip is used for the hardware monitoring?
This would help us for sure.

> I posted the output of the command below. can you please help to find little clew ? your valuable information are appreciated!
>

> ===============
> linux-ipworks:/mnt # sensors-detect
> # sensors-detect revision 1.413 (2006/01/19 20:28:00)
> (...)

This is very old, an definitely not from lm-sensors 3.0.2 which you
wrote you were using. Please double-check which version of the
"sensors" package you have installed.

Even better would be to try the latest version of the sensors-detect
script:
http://dl.lm-sensors.org/lm-sensors/files/sensors-detect

(Our server seems to be very slow today, I hope you still manage to
download that file.)

> Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
> Probing for `ITE 8702F Super IO Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c01)
> Probing for `ITE 8705F Super IO Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c01)
> Probing for `ITE 8712F Super IO Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c01)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87351 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87360 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87363 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87364 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87365 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87365 Super IO Voltage Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87365 Super IO Thermal Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Voltage Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87366 Super IO Thermal Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87372 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87373 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87591 Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC87371 Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC97371 Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC8739x Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PC8741x Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `Nat. Semi. PCPC87427 Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC 47B27x Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC 47M10x/13x Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC 47M14x Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC 47M15x/192/997 Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC 47S42x Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC 47S45x Super IO Fan Sensors'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC 47M172 Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC LPC47B397-NC Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `SMSC SCH5307-NS Super IO'
>   Failed! (0x8c)
> Probing for `VT1211 Super IO Sensors'
>   Failed! (skipping family)
> Probing for `Winbond W83627EHF/EHG Super IO Sensors'
>   Failed! (skipping family)

Could be an SMSC SCH5317, hopefully a more recent version of
sensors-detect will confirm. We have partial support for this chip,
since kernel 2.6.25. Which kernel are you running?

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html

* Re: [lm-sensors] lm sensors help
@ 2009-11-09  8:50 ` Rim Shao
From: Rim Shao @ 2009-11-09  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

Hi, Delvare

Thanks for your value information.
I am using the SLES10(SUSE Linux Enterprise Server By Novell) SP 2, the runing kernel is 2.6.16.60-0.21-smp.
After I use the latest sensors-detect and the output is pasted below. I got that my chip is 'IPMI BMC KCS'.

=========
# ./sensors-detect
# sensors-detect revision 5729 (2009-06-02 15:51:29 +0200)
# System: Hewlett-Packard ProLiant DL380 G6

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
unless you know what you're doing.

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers contain embedded sensors.
Do you want to scan for them? This is totally safe. (YES/no):
Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                       No
VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...                          No
VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...                            No
AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                   No
AMD K10 thermal sensors...                                  No
Intel Core family thermal sensor...                         Success!
    (driver `coretemp')
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                         No
VIA C7 thermal and voltage sensors...                       No

Some Super I/O chips contain embedded sensors. We have to write to
standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
Trying family `National Semiconductor'...                   No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     Yes
Found `SMSC SCH4307 Super IO Fan Sensors'                   Success!
    (address 0x300, driver `to-be-written')
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
Trying family `National Semiconductor'...                   No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'...                       No
Trying family `ITE'...                                      No

Some systems (mainly servers) implement IPMI, a set of common interfaces
through which system health data may be retrieved, amongst other things.
We first try to get the information from SMBIOS. If we don't find it
there, we have to read from arbitrary I/O ports to probe for such
interfaces. This is normally safe. Do you want to scan for IPMI
interfaces? (YES/no):
Found `IPMI BMC KCS' at 0xca2...                            Success!
    (confidence 8, driver `ipmisensors')

Some hardware monitoring chips are accessible through the ISA I/O ports.
We have to write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually
safe though. Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any
ISA slots! Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (yes/NO):

Lastly, we can probe the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware
monitoring devices. This is the most risky part, and while it works
reasonably well on most systems, it has been reported to cause trouble
on some systems.
Do you want to probe the I2C/SMBus adapters now? (YES/no):
Sorry, no supported PCI bus adapters found.
Module i2c-dev loaded successfully.

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue:

Driver `to-be-written':
  * ISA bus, address 0x300 (Busdriver `i2c-isa')
    Chip `SMSC SCH4307 Super IO Fan Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `coretemp':
  * Chip `Intel Core family thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

Driver `ipmisensors':
  * ISA bus, address 0xca2 (Busdriver `i2c-isa')
    Chip `IPMI BMC KCS' (confidence: 8)

Note: there is no driver for SMSC SCH4307 Super IO Fan Sensors yet.
Check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for updates.

Warning: the required module coretemp is not currently installed
on your system. If it is built into the kernel then it's OK.
Otherwise, check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for
driver availability.

Warning: the required module ipmisensors is not currently installed
on your system. If it is built into the kernel then it's OK.
Otherwise, check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for
driver availability.

No modules to load, skipping modules configuration.

Unloading i2c-dev... OK

=========

@ 2009-11-09 12:53 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2009-11-09 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

Hi Rim,

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:50:27 +0800, Rim Shao wrote:
> Thanks for your value information.
> I am using the SLES10(SUSE Linux Enterprise Server By Novell) SP 2, the runing kernel is 2.6.16.60-0.21-smp.

OK, SLES10 SP2 is a reasonable OS to use :)

> After I use the latest sensors-detect and the output is pasted below. I got that my chip is 'IPMI BMC KCS'.
>

> =========
> # ./sensors-detect
> # sensors-detect revision 5729 (2009-06-02 15:51:29 +0200)
> # System: Hewlett-Packard ProLiant DL380 G6

Hmm. Your original report was for an "HP workstation FF825AV". Now you
run sensors-detect on a DL380 G6 server. Please clarify which system
you are willing to run lm-sensors on. Mixing requests really doesn't
help us help you. I will comment the output below anyway...

> (...)
> Sorry, no supported PCI bus adapters found.

No SMBus on this system? That would be surprising. Please provide the
output of lspci.

> (...)
> Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
> Just press ENTER to continue:
>
> Driver `to-be-written':
>   * ISA bus, address 0x300 (Busdriver `i2c-isa')
>     Chip `SMSC SCH4307 Super IO Fan Sensors' (confidence: 9)

We do not have a driver for this chip. There's a note on our wiki that
we have a datasheet, but I don't and I can't find it on SMSC's website.
I'm not totally certain if we can add support for this chip. If we do,
this will be low priority as this is a rare chip (first request) unless
you can donate some hardware to the project.

Juerg, this note on the wiki might be from you?

Note that this chip only supports fan speed monitoring according to my
notes, this isn't a full-featured monitoring chip. It is frequent that
the fan monitoring feature isn't used in that case, so this would need
to be verified before writing a driver. We would also have to
double-check that ACPI doesn't make use of it.

> Driver `coretemp':
>   * Chip `Intel Core family thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

Support for these CPU sensors was added in kernel 2.6.22, so not
available in SLES10. If Ericsson want support backported to the SLES10
SP3 (or maybe even SP4) kernel, please send a formal support request to
Novell. If they accept, I'll be happy to help.

> Driver `ipmisensors':
>   * ISA bus, address 0xca2 (Busdriver `i2c-isa')
>     Chip `IPMI BMC KCS' (confidence: 8)

sensors-detect is a little misleading there, as support for IPMI
sensors was never really added. It has been work in progress for years.
Your best chance here is to install and use ipmitool. You may or may
not be able to retrieve hardware monitoring information, depending on
the BMC connected.

Hope that helps,
--

@ 2009-03-10 13:13 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2009-03-10 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:57:36 +0100, Csaplár Zoltán wrote:
> Thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately, it maybe happen, that I
> cannot find the right information at first sight because of the language
> problems, so, please, forgive it to me. Could you send me a specific
> example to the below mentioned own-made sensors.d?

For clarity: I said a configuration file to put _into_
directory /etc/sensors.d. It's a new feature in lm-sensors 3.1 that you
can put additional custom configuration files in this directory.

> There is a
> it8712-isa-0290 chip on my motherboard, but it would be also useful a conf
> file made to another type because I could conclude to the way of the
> transcription from that.

No, a configuration example for another chip on a different motherboard
wouldn't help you at all. Chip configuration is motherboard-specific.
And if you really want this, well, etc/sensors.conf.eg is full of this,
so you can just look there. At this point you still didn't tell us what
brand and model your motherboard was, so we can't even give any advice.

In the absence of additional information, the only thing I can suggest
is to try a configuration file which corresponds to the default wiring
of the ITE IT8712F Super-I/O chip. This is what the chip "it8712-*"
section in etc/sensors.conf.eg is all about. So, you could copy that
section (from chip "it8712f-*" to the following chip statement) from
etc/sensors.conf.eg and copy it into, for
example, /etc/sensors.d/it8712.

If we knew which motherboard you have, we could check if we already
have a suitable configuration file for it. We don't have that many
configuration files, but you may be lucky. Or we may have a
configuration file for a similar board from the same vendor, which
would be a better starting point than the default section.

Writing a custom, perfect configuration file for a specific motherboard
can be very difficult and time consuming. This isn't something I am
willing to do for free for people I don't know. I intend to write a
guide on how to do this but didn't have the time to do it yet.

> As well as, do you know an other command for linux except of sensors to let
> me know the chip (e.g. it8712-isa-0290) of my PC?

There are several commands listing the hardware included in your PC, as
well a graphical front-ends. That's not exactly on-topic here and I
don't mean to give you an exhaustive list, but to list the ones I know
and use frequently:
* "lspci" will list all the PCI devices on your system.
* "lsusb" will list all the USB devices on your system.
* "dmidecode" will list many information about your hardware as encoded
  in the SMBIOS/DMI table in your BIOS.
* "hwinfo" (at least on Suse Linux) will list a lot of information about
  your system.
* There's also a tool names "lshw" which tries to gather as much
  information as possible, but I'm not sure about its status and
  availability in distributions.
* I think both KDE and Gnome come with an applet which displays
  hardware information.

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html

* [lm-sensors] lm_sensors help
@ 2009-03-09 14:57 ` Csaplár Zoltán
From: Csaplár Zoltán @ 2009-03-09 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately, it maybe happen, that I
cannot find the right information at first sight because of the language
problems, so, please, forgive it to me. Could you send me a specific
example to the below mentioned own-made sensors.d? There is a
it8712-isa-0290 chip on my motherboard, but it would be also useful a conf
file made to another type because I could conclude to the way of the
transcription from that.
As well as, do you know an other command for linux except of sensors to let
me know the chip (e.g. it8712-isa-0290) of my PC?

Thank you very much,
Zoltán Csaplár

re>
You apparently didn't read the release notes very carefully. The
default configuration file has changed in release 3.1.0 to only include
settings which are common to all mainboards. This avoids giving the
feeling to the users that their sensors are properly configured when
they aren't. Most settings are mainboard-specific and we have no way to
know if the vendor followed the recommended wiring or not.

If you want to revert to the previous behavior, you can copy
etc/sensors.conf.eg (from the lm-sensors source tree)
to /etc/sensors3.conf. But beware that the labels and voltage scaling
you will then get may or may not match your mainboard. The right way to
go is to write a custom configuration file tailored for your mainboard
and put it into /etc/sensors.d. This is no trivial task though.

@ 2009-03-09 12:17 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2009-03-09 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:51:07 +0100, Csaplár Zoltán wrote:
> I would like to ask you for your help. By this time I have used lm_sensors
> modul but now I downloaded 3.1 version.
> I don't know what the problem is, but if I use the program, I get the
> following datas:
>
> *it8712-isa-0290
> Adapter: ISA adapter
> in0:         +1.33 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +4.08 V)
> in1:         +2.59 V  (min =  +1.28 V, max =  +1.68 V)
> in2:         +3.28 V  (min =  +2.78 V, max =  +3.78 V)
> in3:         +2.94 V  (min =  +2.67 V, max =  +3.26 V)
> in4:         +2.93 V  (min =  +2.50 V, max =  +3.49 V)
> in5:         +1.01 V  (min =  +0.58 V, max =  +1.34 V)
> in6:         +2.00 V  (min =  +1.04 V, max =  +1.36 V)
> in7:         +2.34 V  (min =  +2.67 V, max =  +3.26 V)
> Vbat:        +3.23 V
> fan1:       3245 RPM  (min =  664 RPM, div = 8)
> fan2:          0 RPM  (min =  332 RPM, div = 16)
> fan3:          0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM, div = 8)
> temp1:       +40.0°C  (low  = +127.0°C, high = +96.0°C)  sensor = thermal
> diode
> temp2:       +36.0°C  (low  = +127.0°C, high = +126.0°C)  sensor > transistor
> temp3:       +21.0°C  (low  =  +0.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  sensor = transistor
> cpu0_vid:   +1.088 V*
>
> I cannot read the labels and the usual values are missing (5V, 12V etc.)
> What could be the problem? Could you write it down exactly, how I could
> corrigate the problem?

You apparently didn't read the release notes very carefully. The
default configuration file has changed in release 3.1.0 to only include
settings which are common to all mainboards. This avoids giving the
feeling to the users that their sensors are properly configured when
they aren't. Most settings are mainboard-specific and we have no way to
know if the vendor followed the recommended wiring or not.

If you want to revert to the previous behavior, you can copy
etc/sensors.conf.eg (from the lm-sensors source tree)
to /etc/sensors3.conf. But beware that the labels and voltage scaling
you will then get may or may not match your mainboard. The right way to
go is to write a custom configuration file tailored for your mainboard
and put it into /etc/sensors.d. This is no trivial task though.

--
Jean Delvare

* [lm-sensors] lm_sensors help
@ 2009-03-09 11:51 Csaplár Zoltán