* [virtio-dev] Reserve device id for Bluetooth device
@ 2021-04-21 12:09 Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2021-04-21 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: virtio-dev

Hi,

I like to reserve device ID 40 for Bluetooth device. Thanks.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [virtio-dev] Reserve device id for Bluetooth device
@ 2021-04-23 20:26 ` Michael S. Tsirkin
From: Michael S. Tsirkin @ 2021-04-23 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: virtio-dev

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 02:09:14PM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to reserve device ID 40 for Bluetooth device. Thanks.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

The easiest way to do this is by sending a patch with
the proposed change:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#providing-feedback
and then request approval by creating a github issue:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#use-of-github-issues

* Re: [virtio-dev] Reserve device id for Bluetooth device
@ 2021-04-24  7:05   ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2021-04-24  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael S. Tsirkin; +Cc: virtio-dev

Hi Michael,

>> I like to reserve device ID 40 for Bluetooth device. Thanks.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Marcel
>
> The easiest way to do this is by sending a patch with
> the proposed change:
> https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#providing-feedback
> and then request approval by creating a github issue:
> https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#use-of-github-issues

I would have done that, but there are actually missing ID numbers in the current git tree and one outstanding patch.

The conclusion was that 40 is the next free number.

@ 2021-04-25  7:13     ` Michael S. Tsirkin
From: Michael S. Tsirkin @ 2021-04-25  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: virtio-dev

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 09:05:37AM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> >> I like to reserve device ID 40 for Bluetooth device. Thanks.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Marcel
> >
> > The easiest way to do this is by sending a patch with
> > the proposed change:
> > https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#providing-feedback
> > and then request approval by creating a github issue:
> > https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#use-of-github-issues
>
> I would have done that, but there are actually missing ID numbers in the current git tree and one outstanding patch.
>
> The conclusion was that 40 is the next free number.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

that's ok, just send a patch reserving 40. they don't have to be
sequential.

* Re: [virtio-dev] Reserve device id for Bluetooth device
@ 2021-04-25 12:36       ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2021-04-25 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael S. Tsirkin; +Cc: virtio-dev

Hi Michael,

>>> The easiest way to do this is by sending a patch with
>>> the proposed change:
>>> https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#providing-feedback
>>> and then request approval by creating a github issue:
>>> https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec#use-of-github-issues
>>
>> I would have done that, but there are actually missing ID numbers in the current git tree and one outstanding patch.
>>
>> The conclusion was that 40 is the next free number.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Marcel
>
> that's ok, just send a patch reserving 40. they don't have to be
> sequential.

ok then, patch sent and GitHub issue created.

Regards

Marcel