* [ath9k-devel] 5 and 10 Mhz Bandwidth support using ath9k
@ 2012-07-17 16:22 John Clark
From: John Clark @ 2012-07-17 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

I'm looking for what is needed to support these narrow bandwidths using the ar9K series chips.

There was a couple of posts early in January in regard to 'patches' that someone had for the OpenWRT environment, and I'm trying to find out more.

I'll take anyone's 'patches' and see if I can work with them.

Also, if anyone 'knows' what is the method for changing the bandwidth, as in 'chip' details, I'd like to know that as well...

Getting any info directly from Atheros was a problem when they were an independent company. Now that they are part of the Qualcomm Intellectual Empire, whose legal staff probably is greater than their creative staff, information will almost never be given out without a premium and of course an NDA.

John Clark.

* [ath9k-devel] 5 and 10 Mhz Bandwidth support using ath9k
@ 2012-07-18  4:55 ` Mohammed Shafi
From: Mohammed Shafi @ 2012-07-18  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:52 PM, John Clark <jeclark2006@aim.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for what is needed to support these narrow bandwidths using the ar9K series chips.
>
> There was a couple of posts early in January in regard to 'patches' that someone had for the OpenWRT environment, and I'm trying to find out more.

i think Felix might know more about this. Please get his help.

> I'll take anyone's 'patches' and see if I can work with them.
>
> Also, if anyone 'knows' what is the method for changing the bandwidth, as in 'chip' details, I'd like to know that as well...
>
> Getting any info directly from Atheros was a problem when they were an independent company. Now that they are part of the Qualcomm Intellectual Empire, whose legal staff probably is greater than their creative staff, information will almost never be given out without a premium and of course an NDA.
>
> John Clark.

thanks,
shafi

* [ath9k-devel] 5 and 10 Mhz Bandwidth support using ath9k
@ 2012-07-18  7:03   ` John Clark
From: John Clark @ 2012-07-18  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Jul 17, 2012, at 9:55 PM, Mohammed Shafi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:52 PM, John Clark <jeclark2006@aim.com> wrote:
>> I'm looking for what is needed to support these narrow bandwidths using the ar9K series chips.
>>
>> There was a couple of posts early in January in regard to 'patches' that someone had for the OpenWRT environment, and I'm trying to find out more.
>
> i think Felix might know more about this. Please get his help.

I did send an email to an address I parsed from a list entry, that was posted sometime in January. But I've not gotten a response back. Perhaps I parsed it wrongly.

Thanks,
John Clark.