* [Fuego] Kernel 4.14 test results on porter
@ 2018-01-12  7:50 Liu, Wenlong
From: Liu, Wenlong @ 2018-01-12  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-renesas-soc; +Cc: fuego

Hi, friends

Porter board has been used for evaluations and product development, and so did we.
I have done some tests and validation on the porter with the 4.14 kernel recently.
Glad to expand this test results to Renesas Kernel Team.
I also CCed the Fuego Team, because the latest Fuego was used to do such a overall test and I also want to share the test results to them.

The following tests have been done:
1. Functional.LTP: syscalls fs fsx dio io mm ipc math nptl pty admin_tools timers commands sched crashme
2. Most Functional&Benchmark tests in Fuego
3. BSP drivers tests

According to test log, it seems that there no big issue, but:
1. In order to boot successfully, I have to use the nfs or sdx as the rootfs(it seems that the mmc can't be used).
2. Benchmark.netpipe failed, error msg as below:
   Send and receive buffers are 16384 and 87380 bytes
   (A bug in Linux doubles the requested buffer sizes)
   Using a perturbation value of 2

For the drivers test, I have checked this repository[1].
The BSP driver tests have been done on porter, but there are many failed cases than I thought.
It seems that those configurations and tests are not very clear to me yet.
So, who can tell me how to do those tests properly on porter?
(@Fuego, maybe those BSP driver tests could also be added into Fuego in the future)

--
The test result format of the attachment is same with the shared report of Khiem-san before. Thanks.

Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/Jinzai-solution/SALVATOR_SHELL

Best regards
Liu

[-- Attachment #2: 4.14.7_LTP_On_Porter_Report.xls --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.ms-excel, Size: 109056 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: 4.14.7_Tests_On_Porter_With_Fuego.xls --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.ms-excel, Size: 168448 bytes --]

* RE: Kernel 4.14 test results on porter
@ 2018-01-14  8:47   ` Liu, Wenlong
From: Liu, Wenlong @ 2018-01-14  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-renesas-soc; +Cc: fuego

Hi,

Sorry, I got a mistake in my previous mail.
MMC can be used normally in kernel 4.14 on porter, so just ignore the issue:1 in my pre-mail.
Thanks.

The test results report in the pre-mail is correct.
Now, I have two questions,
1. Benchmark.netpipe failed, error msg as below:
   Send and receive buffers are 16384 and 87380 bytes
   (A bug in Linux doubles the requested buffer sizes)
   Using a perturbation value of 2
   I didn't know much about it, so could someone tell me if it's a real bug?
2. About the BSP drivers tests[1], those tests can be used on porter?

Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/Jinzai-solution/SALVATOR_SHELL

Best regards
Liu

* Re: [Fuego] Kernel 4.14 test results on porter
@ 2018-01-14  8:47   ` Liu, Wenlong
From: Liu, Wenlong @ 2018-01-14  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-renesas-soc; +Cc: fuego