* [U-Boot] Different Port for TFTP communication
@ 2014-04-07 13:32 Mario Albrecht
From: Mario Albrecht @ 2014-04-07 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

I have a short question about TFTP usage in u-boot.
Is it possible to change the Port for TFTP communication
while u-boot is running. Standard path for TFTP is 69
an let's say, we want to change port to 1500.

Regards Mario

* [U-Boot] Different Port for TFTP communication
@ 2014-04-07 16:52 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2014-04-07 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Mario,

In message <F50CAB352C149543A6F2FFE37D4B59348AC9E60A@S1.mackware.local> you wrote:

> I have a short question about TFTP usage in u-boot.
> Is it possible to change the Port for TFTP communication
> while u-boot is running. Standard path for TFTP is 69
> an let's say, we want to change port to 1500.

As is, this cannot be changed.  The TFTP port number is hard wired
in the code - see "net/tftp.c":

 18 /* Well known TFTP port # */
 19 #define WELL_KNOWN_PORT 69

Of course it should be trivial to add a config option for this, or
even make it changable at runtime.  But I have to admit that I don't
see many actual use cases for such a modification.

Could you please explain why you need to do this - is this just some
exotic environment, or is this needed for some more general use case?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
For those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they
like.                                               - Abraham Lincoln

* [U-Boot] Different Port for TFTP communication
@ 2014-04-08 10:06   ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2014-04-08 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Mario,

In message <20140407165243.3B074380958@gemini.denx.de> I wrote:

> As is, this cannot be changed.  The TFTP port number is hard wired
> in the code - see "net/tftp.c":

>  18 /* Well known TFTP port # */
>  19 #define WELL_KNOWN_PORT 69

Actually this is not correct.  There are options to use different port
numbers, see further down below in the same file:

798 #ifdef CONFIG_TFTP_PORT
799         ep = getenv("tftpdstp");
800         if (ep != NULL)
801                 TftpRemotePort = simple_strtol(ep, NULL, 10);
802         ep = getenv("tftpsrcp");
803         if (ep != NULL)
804                 TftpOurPort = simple_strtol(ep, NULL, 10);
805 #endif

So just make sure to define CONFIG_TFTP_PORT in your board config
file, and set the environment variables tftpdstp and/or tftpsrcp as
needed.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
                  Nail here --X-- for new monitor.

* [U-Boot] Different Port for TFTP communication
       [not found] <mailman.7.1397037601.3278.u-boot@lists.denx.de>
@ 2014-04-09 18:58 ` Nikolay Dimitrov
From: Nikolay Dimitrov @ 2014-04-09 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Sorry for the duplicate answer, I'm reading this list via daily digest.

Kind regards,
Nikolay

* [U-Boot] Different Port for TFTP communication
       [not found] <mailman.9.1396951203.11170.u-boot@lists.denx.de>
@ 2014-04-08 22:55 ` Nikolay Dimitrov
From: Nikolay Dimitrov @ 2014-04-08 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Mario,

You need to define CONFIG_TFTP_PORT in your board config file. Then
you can use the env-vars "tftpdstp" and "tftpsrcp" for source/destination
TFTP ports. You can check the source code at:

net/tftp.c:798

Kind regards,
Nikolay