* "no new taxes"
@ 2009-03-27  8:03 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-03-27  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Did I say taxes?  I meant "patches", "no new patches".

If you don't have a bug fix or a legitimate cure, I really do not want
to see the change, I'm just going to zap it immediately from patchwork
without any feedback.  You've had months to get your changes to me,
and I've been responsive keeping the changes flowing into the
net-next-2.6 tree.  The merge window is here, your chance has expired,
get over it.  Wait until we start up the net-next-2.6 tree again once
2.6.30-rc1 is released.

I've got my finger on my mouse button ready to reload the patchwork
page and blast away bogons, just try me. :-)

What's in the tree right now plus what John Linville has coming to me
will be submitted to Linus tomorrow, then I'll make my "emergency"
2.6.29.1 -stable submission.

* Re: "no new taxes"
@ 2009-03-27  8:35 ` Evgeniy Polyakov
From: Evgeniy Polyakov @ 2009-03-27  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: netdev

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 01:03:32AM -0700, David Miller (davem@davemloft.net) wrote:
> I've got my finger on my mouse button ready to reload the patchwork
> page and blast away bogons, just try me. :-)

Please do not silently delete the mails/patches and send a reply that it
is too late and patch should be resubmitted after -rc1 for the next
window.

I can cook up a lisp script for your emacs mail agent :)

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov

* RE: "no new taxes"
@ 2009-03-27  8:43 ` Ramkrishna Vepa
From: Ramkrishna Vepa @ 2009-03-27  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: netdev

Does this apply to the new driver we are submitting? We were planning to
resubmit today.

Thanks,
Ram

* Re: "no new taxes"
@ 2009-03-27  9:03   ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-03-27  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zbr; +Cc: netdev

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <zbr@ioremap.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:35:16 +0300

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 01:03:32AM -0700, David Miller (davem@davemloft.net) wrote:
> > I've got my finger on my mouse button ready to reload the patchwork
> > page and blast away bogons, just try me. :-)
>
> Please do not silently delete the mails/patches and send a reply that it
> is too late and patch should be resubmitted after -rc1 for the next
> window.
>
> I can cook up a lisp script for your emacs mail agent :)

If people submit a patch now, then they are not listening to my meager
request to wait for a few days.  Is that too damn much to ask?

Every merge window, people send me stuff when the window opens.  So
I'm not going to be nice about it, because people do it every release,
and I'm going to be very difficult about it until people start to
learn.

* Re: "no new taxes"
@ 2009-03-27  9:03   ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-03-27  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramkrishna.Vepa; +Cc: netdev

From: "Ramkrishna Vepa" <Ramkrishna.Vepa@neterion.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 04:43:01 -0400

> Does this apply to the new driver we are submitting? We were planning to
> resubmit today.

No.

* Re: "no new taxes"
@ 2009-03-31 14:13     ` Kumar Gala
From: Kumar Gala @ 2009-03-31 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: zbr, netdev

On Mar 27, 2009, at 4:03 AM, David Miller wrote:

> From: Evgeniy Polyakov <zbr@ioremap.net>
> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:35:16 +0300
>
>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 01:03:32AM -0700, David Miller (davem@davemloft.net
>> ) wrote:
>>> I've got my finger on my mouse button ready to reload the patchwork
>>> page and blast away bogons, just try me. :-)
>>
>> Please do not silently delete the mails/patches and send a reply
>> that it
>> is too late and patch should be resubmitted after -rc1 for the next
>> window.
>>
>> I can cook up a lisp script for your emacs mail agent :)
>
> If people submit a patch now, then they are not listening to my meager
> request to wait for a few days.  Is that too damn much to ask?
>
> Every merge window, people send me stuff when the window opens.  So
> I'm not going to be nice about it, because people do it every release,
> and I'm going to be very difficult about it until people start to
> learn.

I will say that some people who submit patches dont follow this list
on regular basis and might miss this request (as I just did and
submitted a minor cleanup patch against two networking drivers --
sorry about that).

- k