* ULOGD: Log file size limitation?
@ 2009-03-05 15:36 dstorvik
From: dstorvik @ 2009-03-05 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

I have ulogd running to track netfilter nat connections.  When my log file reaches 2147483647, exactly 2 gb it stops writing with no errors or warnings.  It then picks back up when logrotate rotates the file and kicks ulogd.  I am rotating daily so other than rotating on an intraday period, which I'd rather not do, I'm not sure what to do.   The file system is a Logical volume group with EXT3 filesystem, and I believe 1K blocks which should lead to a maximum file size of 16 Gigabytes from what I understood. Is that not true and I simply have a file system problem or is this some limitation or bug in ULogd?

Thanks
   Derek

* Re: ULOGD: Log file size limitation?
@ 2009-03-05 16:51 ` Eric Leblond
From: Eric Leblond @ 2009-03-05 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dstorvik; +Cc: netfilter

Hi,

dstorvik wrote:
> I have ulogd running to track netfilter nat connections.  When my log file reaches 2147483647, exactly 2 gb it stops writing with no errors or warnings.  It then picks back up when logrotate rotates the file and kicks ulogd.  I am rotating daily so other than rotating on an intraday period, which I'd rather not do, I'm not sure what to do.   The file system is a Logical volume group with EXT3 filesystem, and I believe 1K blocks which should lead to a maximum file size of 16 Gigabytes from what I understood. Is that not true and I simply have a file system problem or is this some limitation or bug in ULogd?

This is quiet strange because AC_SYS_LARGEFILE is put in ulogd2
configure.ac.

Has autoconf put in your config.h :

    /* Number of bits in a file offset, on hosts where this is settable. */
    #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64

BR,

--
Eric Leblond <eric@inl.fr>
INL: http://www.inl.fr/

* RE: ULOGD: Log file size limitation?
@ 2009-03-09 15:43   ` dstorvik
From: dstorvik @ 2009-03-09 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eric; +Cc: netfilter

That is exactly what is in my config.h file

/* Number of bits in a file offset, on hosts where this is settable. */
#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64

Should that be uncommented and recompiled?

Thanks
  Derek