* qle7322 and rhel5.8
@ 2012-07-20 20:22 Michael Di Domenico
       [not found] ` <CABOsP2P=7FG4zJy12x442pV=Hk3SkeBg5qTOtGy41GSFQLsBHA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Di Domenico @ 2012-07-20 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma

i'm trying to use redhat 5.8 with a qle7322 qdr infiniband card.  i've
loaded the requisite openfabrics rpm's through yum, but i can't seem
to get ipoib going

even when i run ibv_devinfo or ibv_devices the system doesn't see the card

is there something missing somewhere?  i'm only interested in getting
ipoib working, but i don't want to install the vendor stack on this
machine if possible

lspci does see the card (and with a proper name) and i have a bunch of
identical machines that all behave the same, so i know it's not a
hardware problem

* RE: qle7322 and rhel5.8
       [not found] ` <CABOsP2P=7FG4zJy12x442pV=Hk3SkeBg5qTOtGy41GSFQLsBHA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2012-07-20 20:44   ` Haralanov, Mitko
From: Haralanov, Mitko @ 2012-07-20 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Di Domenico, linux-rdma

Michael,

The ibv_dev* utilities need the ib_uverbs module to be loaded on the system. Could you please check whether it is? If the module is loaded and you still can't get ibv_dev* to work, may be use can provide any error messages displayed.

As far as IPoIB, I assume that the ib_ipoib module is also loaded? If it is, 'ifconfig -a' should show you the 'ib0' IPoIB device.

Mitko