* Power Supplies are Turned off after boot
@ 2020-08-05 22:28 Mike Jones
From: Mike Jones @ 2020-08-05 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

Now that I have webui displaying telemetry for multiple PMBus devices, I want to solve a power supply problem.

After boot, all PMBus devices have their power turned off via an OPERATION command. This happens about 10-20 seconds after boot completes. There is a message printed saying it is disabling them, and one line per action. Like:

VOUT 1: disabling

Where VOUT 1 does not match the name of the rails in the config files with the name and limits. It seems like a more generic term indicating voltage.

These devices are in the device tree and have hwmon running.

What service would be capable of shutting off the supplies? It would have to be able to discover them, perhaps by device tree, then issue standard PMBus commands.

Note: the Phosphor System Manager service fails at start up. I don’t know if this matters, I was going to figure out what it does later.

Mike