* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-03 21:33 Tom Rini
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tom Rini @ 2013-04-03 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey all,

I've tagged and pushed v2013.04-rc2 now.  We're getting closer to the
expected release date, but I hope to meet the deadline still.

First, a word of warning.  The syntax for 'ext4write' was changed to
match the rest of the filesystem read/write commands.  If you had
scripts or other things using this, please change them.

Now, I know Albert is working on a pull request for u-boot-arm and in
turn waiting on a few other changes to come in still.

Next, we haven't met the goal of having the TPM related codebase and
usage sorted out, but that's not a failing on the side of the folks
pushing the code, so we aren't going to rip that out.  But I'm not going
to pull the 45 part series in just before the release either.

If you have specific bugfixes, please hit me up and CC the list.
Putting my u-boot-ti hat on, aside from the MMC1 bugfix I just posted, I
Manfred Huber's TEMT fix.

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-04  8:20 ` Albert ARIBAUD
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-04-04  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 17:33:03 -0400, Tom Rini <trini@ti.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've tagged and pushed v2013.04-rc2 now.  We're getting closer to the
> expected release date, but I hope to meet the deadline still.
>
> First, a word of warning.  The syntax for 'ext4write' was changed to
> match the rest of the filesystem read/write commands.  If you had
> scripts or other things using this, please change them.
>
> Now, I know Albert is working on a pull request for u-boot-arm and in
> turn waiting on a few other changes to come in still.
>
> Next, we haven't met the goal of having the TPM related codebase and
> usage sorted out, but that's not a failing on the side of the folks
> pushing the code, so we aren't going to rip that out.  But I'm not going
> to pull the 45 part series in just before the release either.
>
> If you have specific bugfixes, please hit me up and CC the list.
> Putting my u-boot-ti hat on, aside from the MMC1 bugfix I just posted, I
> Manfred Huber's TEMT fix.

Mainly I am waiting for Vincent's V10 to be tested a bit, and also I
am going to post the fix for the __bss_end mixup. Anything else for
2013.04 ARM still missing, people please yell at me.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-04  8:55   ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2013-04-04  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 04/04/2013 10:20, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Hi Tom,

Hi Albert,

> Mainly I am waiting for Vincent's V10 to be tested a bit, and also I
> am going to post the fix for the __bss_end mixup. Anything else for
> 2013.04 ARM still missing, people please yell at me.

Apart my pull request I have sent now, what about Benoit's V10 ? As far
as I read the series is ready for inclusion, and it has some improvement
(MX3 fixes and MX5 NAND) that all i.MXlers like to have in the release.

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-04  9:29   ` Andreas Bießmann
From: Andreas Bießmann @ 2013-04-04  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

On 04/04/2013 10:20 AM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 17:33:03 -0400, Tom Rini <trini@ti.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I've tagged and pushed v2013.04-rc2 now.  We're getting closer to the
>> expected release date, but I hope to meet the deadline still.

>> If you have specific bugfixes, please hit me up and CC the list.
>> Putting my u-boot-ti hat on, aside from the MMC1 bugfix I just posted, I
>> Manfred Huber's TEMT fix.
>
> Mainly I am waiting for Vincent's V10 to be tested a bit, and also I
> am going to post the fix for the __bss_end mixup. Anything else for
> 2013.04 ARM still missing, people please yell at me.

Hopefully the OMAP3 NAND BCH8 changes are accepted by Tom.

Apart from that I have some AT91 related changes (new Atmel BMP, one of
the board changes in queue) for this release. I will send my PR for that
before Friday evening CEST.

best regards

Andreas Bie?mann

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-04  9:48     ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-04-04  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Stefano,

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 10:55:40 +0200, Stefano Babic <sbabic@denx.de>
wrote:

> On 04/04/2013 10:20, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >

> Hi Albert,
>

> > Mainly I am waiting for Vincent's V10 to be tested a bit, and also I
> > am going to post the fix for the __bss_end mixup. Anything else for
> > 2013.04 ARM still missing, people please yell at me.
>
> Apart my pull request I have sent now, what about Benoit's V10 ? As far
> as I read the series is ready for inclusion, and it has some improvement
> (MX3 fixes and MX5 NAND) that all i.MXlers like to have in the release.

... s/Vincent/Beno?t/, with my apologies -- and this answers your
question I guess.

> Best regards,
> Stefano

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-04 11:35 ` Mats Kärrman
From: Mats Kärrman @ 2013-04-04 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

Tom Rini wrote:
> If you have specific bugfixes, please hit me up and CC the list.

[U-Boot] powerpc/lib: fix unsafe register handling in wait_ticks
(2012-01-27)

Out of curiosity and perhaps to have better success in the future; what is the reason that this patch hasn't made it into the release?

BR // Mats

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-04 13:12   ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-04-04 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Mats K?rrman,

In message <ED3E0BCACD909541BA94A34C4A164D4C4297FE75@post.tritech.se> you wrote:

> Tom Rini wrote:
> > If you have specific bugfixes, please hit me up and CC the list.
>
> [U-Boot] powerpc/lib: fix unsafe register handling in wait_ticks
> (2012-01-27)
>
> Out of curiosity and perhaps to have better success in the future; what is the reason that this patch hasn't made it into the release?

Lack of resources?  I haven't heard anything of Andy for more than a
month...

Scott - do you happen to know anything about Andy's whereabouts?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Clarke's Third Law       - _Profiles of the Future_ (1962; rev. 1973)
                  ``Hazards of Prophecy: The Failure of Imagination''

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-04 15:10     ` Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2013-04-04 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 04/04/2013 08:12:07 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Mats K?rrman,
>
> In message <ED3E0BCACD909541BA94A34C4A164D4C4297FE75@post.tritech.se>
> you wrote:
> >
> > Tom Rini wrote:
> > > If you have specific bugfixes, please hit me up and CC the list.
> >
> > [U-Boot] powerpc/lib: fix unsafe register handling in wait_ticks
> > (2012-01-27)
> >
> > Out of curiosity and perhaps to have better success in the future;
> what is the reason that this patch hasn't made it into the release?
>
> Lack of resources?  I haven't heard anything of Andy for more than a
> month...
>

> Scott - do you happen to know anything about Andy's whereabouts?

He's still around -- probably busy.

-Scott

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-04 20:24 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2013-04-04 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Tom Rini <trini@ti.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've tagged and pushed v2013.04-rc2 now.  We're getting closer to the
> expected release date, but I hope to meet the deadline still.

Great!

> First, a word of warning.  The syntax for 'ext4write' was changed to
> match the rest of the filesystem read/write commands.  If you had
> scripts or other things using this, please change them.
>
> Now, I know Albert is working on a pull request for u-boot-arm and in
> turn waiting on a few other changes to come in still.
>
> Next, we haven't met the goal of having the TPM related codebase and
> usage sorted out, but that's not a failing on the side of the folks
> pushing the code, so we aren't going to rip that out.  But I'm not going
> to pull the 45 part series in just before the release either.

Sounds reasonable - at this stage I don't think we have any choice as it is
too late for this code to have a decent test period. There is also the FIT
image code refactor and test, that sits on top of those. It's quite painful
to rebase though so I would appreciate it if could be considered early in
the next cycle.

Given the interest in the TPM code, it would be good if we could bring in
the pending TPM patches to this release so that U-Boot has everything up to
date on that. For example the sboot code you pointed me to makes quite
heavily use of the TPM and the 'tpm' command and associated that Che-Liang
wrote would be useful here. If you are happy to bring that in for this
release I will go through and create a bundle for it, and test it on snow.

I also plan to send you a patman/buildman pull, plus get the the cros_ec
series picked up.

> If you have specific bugfixes, please hit me up and CC the list.
> Putting my u-boot-ti hat on, aside from the MMC1 bugfix I just posted, I
> Manfred Huber's TEMT fix.

Will do.

Regards,
Simon

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-05  7:48   ` Pfau, Reinhard
From: Pfau, Reinhard @ 2013-04-05  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

[...]
> Given the interest in the TPM code, it would be good if we
> could bring in
> the pending TPM patches to this release so that U-Boot has
> everything up to
> date on that. For example the sboot code you pointed me to makes quite
> heavily use of the TPM and the 'tpm' command and associated
> that Che-Liang
> wrote would be useful here. If you are happy to bring that in for this
> release I will go through and create a bundle for it, and
> test it on snow.
>
> I also plan to send you a patman/buildman pull, plus get the

We (at gdsys) are working on U-Boot code to support our new board and
this code depends on Che-Liang Chious TPM patch.
(We currently plan to submit the patch set soon and hope it gets into
the the
next release (2013.07).)

I made some extensions to Che-Liangs TPM lib which adds support for
authorized
TPM commands and adds single authorized versions of two TPM commands
(LoadKey2 and
GetPubKey)).
(Of course separatly configurable since this authorization stuff adds
some amount
of code.)
But I'm not sure if I can submit a patch on the U-Boot ML which requires
another
patch (namely Che-Liang Chious TPM patch) which is not already in the
main line.

If Che-Liangs work gets into 2013.04 it would be great and we would
happily base on
it when we publish our next changes.

Greetings,
Reinhard Pfau.

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-05  8:12     ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-04-05  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Reinhard,

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 09:48:55 +0200, "Pfau, Reinhard" <Pfau@gdsys.de>
wrote:

> But I'm not sure if I can submit a patch on the U-Boot ML which requires
> another
> patch (namely Che-Liang Chious TPM patch) which is not already in the
> main line.

Yes you can, provided you clearly state the dependency, and ideally,
provided you submit rebased patches whenever the patch(es) you depend
upon get a new version submitted -- especially if rebasing is not
trivial.

> If Che-Liangs work gets into 2013.04 it would be great and we would
> happily base on
> it when we publish our next changes.

Note that even if Che-Liang's work only went in for 2013.07, that would
not prevent your patches from going into it as well.

> Greetings,
> Reinhard Pfau.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-08 16:06   ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2013-04-08 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 04/04/2013 04:24 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Tom Rini <trini@ti.com
> <mailto:trini@ti.com>> wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I've tagged and pushed v2013.04-rc2 now.  We're getting closer to
> the expected release date, but I hope to meet the deadline still.
>

> Great!
>

> First, a word of warning.  The syntax for 'ext4write' was changed
> to match the rest of the filesystem read/write commands.  If you
> had scripts or other things using this, please change them.
>
> Now, I know Albert is working on a pull request for u-boot-arm and
> in turn waiting on a few other changes to come in still.
>
> Next, we haven't met the goal of having the TPM related codebase
> and usage sorted out, but that's not a failing on the side of the
> folks pushing the code, so we aren't going to rip that out.  But
> I'm not going to pull the 45 part series in just before the release
> either.
>

> Sounds reasonable - at this stage I don't think we have any choice
> as it is too late for this code to have a decent test period. There
> is also the FIT image code refactor and test, that sits on top of
> those. It's quite painful to rebase though so I would appreciate it
> if could be considered early in the next cycle.

Agreed.

> Given the interest in the TPM code, it would be good if we could
> bring in the pending TPM patches to this release so that U-Boot has
> everything up to date on that. For example the sboot code you
> pointed me to makes quite heavily use of the TPM and the 'tpm'
> command and associated that Che-Liang wrote would be useful here.
> If you are happy to bring that in for this release I will go
> through and create a bundle for it, and test it on snow.

OK.  Can you please put together a pull request or bundle for all of
the TPM stuff that's ready to go, and was v1'd before the window closed?

> I also plan to send you a patman/buildman pull, plus get the the
> cros_ec series picked up.

Looking at patman/buildman now, I wasn't sure if the cros_ec things
should go via u-boot-samsung or not.

- --
Tom

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-08 22:29     ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2013-04-08 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Tom Rini <trini@ti.com> wrote:

> On 04/04/2013 04:24 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Tom Rini <trini@ti.com
>> <mailto:trini@ti.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I've tagged and pushed v2013.04-rc2 now.  We're getting closer to
>> the expected release date, but I hope to meet the deadline still.
>>

>> Great!
>>

>> First, a word of warning.  The syntax for 'ext4write' was changed
>> to match the rest of the filesystem read/write commands.  If you
>> had scripts or other things using this, please change them.
>>
>> Now, I know Albert is working on a pull request for u-boot-arm and
>> in turn waiting on a few other changes to come in still.
>>
>> Next, we haven't met the goal of having the TPM related codebase
>> and usage sorted out, but that's not a failing on the side of the
>> folks pushing the code, so we aren't going to rip that out.  But
>> I'm not going to pull the 45 part series in just before the release
>> either.
>>

>> Sounds reasonable - at this stage I don't think we have any choice
>> as it is too late for this code to have a decent test period. There
>> is also the FIT image code refactor and test, that sits on top of
>> those. It's quite painful to rebase though so I would appreciate it
>> if could be considered early in the next cycle.
>
> Agreed.

Thanks. I will update and resend as needed.

>> Given the interest in the TPM code, it would be good if we could
>> bring in the pending TPM patches to this release so that U-Boot has
>> everything up to date on that. For example the sboot code you
>> pointed me to makes quite heavily use of the TPM and the 'tpm'
>> command and associated that Che-Liang wrote would be useful here.
>> If you are happy to bring that in for this release I will go
>> through and create a bundle for it, and test it on snow.
>
> OK.  Can you please put together a pull request or bundle for all of
> the TPM stuff that's ready to go, and was v1'd before the window closed?

Yes I will. I am currently testing it on snow and am away tomorrow, so
it will be Wed Thu before I send it.

>> I also plan to send you a patman/buildman pull, plus get the the
>> cros_ec series picked up.
>
> Looking at patman/buildman now, I wasn't sure if the cros_ec things
> should go via u-boot-samsung or not.

I was expecting not, but they could do.

Regards,
Simon

@ 2013-04-11  8:34   ` Holger Brunck
From: Holger Brunck @ 2013-04-11  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Albert, Tom,

On 04/04/2013 10:20 AM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:

> Mainly I am waiting for Vincent's V10 to be tested a bit, and also I
> am going to post the fix for the __bss_end mixup. Anything else for
> 2013.04 ARM still missing, people please yell at me.

I only want to drop a note that there are still some ARM related patches pending
for 2013.04. They should run through the marvell tree. Prafulla is already aware
of this:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2013-April/151229.html

Regards
Holger

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-11  9:11     ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-04-11  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Holger,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:34:09 +0200, Holger Brunck
<holger.brunck@keymile.com> wrote:

> Hi Albert, Tom,
>
> On 04/04/2013 10:20 AM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> >
> > Mainly I am waiting for Vincent's V10 to be tested a bit, and also I
> > am going to post the fix for the __bss_end mixup. Anything else for
> > 2013.04 ARM still missing, people please yell at me.
> >

> I only want to drop a note that there are still some ARM related patches pending
> for 2013.04. They should run through the marvell tree. Prafulla is already aware
> of this:
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2013-April/151229.html

Thanks Holger. While Prafulla processes them, I'll gather them in a
temporary branch here and build-test them to speed things up when the
Marvell PR comes in. That would be:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/212438/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/212441/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/212439/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/212440/

Let me know (patchwork URLs) if any other patch should be considered.

> Regards
> Holger

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-12  6:12       ` Prafulla Wadaskar
From: Prafulla Wadaskar @ 2013-04-12  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Albert, Holger
I am in process of sending pull request for the same.
I am sorry for the delays since I was OOO.

Regards...
Prafulla . . .

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-12  6:27         ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-04-12  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Prafulla,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 23:12:19 -0700, Prafulla Wadaskar
<prafulla@marvell.com> wrote:

> [...]

Prafulla,

Make sure you base your tree against current ARM ToT. For a few hours,
ARM contained a series which broke PPC, and was rolled back to fix it.

> Regards...
> Prafulla . . .

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2013.04-rc2 released
@ 2013-04-12  6:38           ` Prafulla Wadaskar
From: Prafulla Wadaskar @ 2013-04-12  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Okay Albert,
I will do it.
BTW: what do you mean by "few hours"?
Shall I rebase after few hours and then post the pull request.
OR
The patches are already in during last few hours?

Regards...
Prafulla . . .

@ 2013-04-12  7:39             ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-04-12  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Prafulla,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 23:38:06 -0700, Prafulla Wadaskar
<prafulla@marvell.com> wrote:

> [...]

Details are in my post "[ARM] Rollback *again* -- 5 patches"

> Regards...
> Prafulla . . .

Amicalement,
--