* Howto get Video Framebuufer working
@ 2011-08-16 20:16 Bernard Mentink
From: Bernard Mentink @ 2011-08-16 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi Guys,

Can anyone give me a helping hand getting graphics/framebuffer working on a new i.mx31 platform.

I have configured everything I can think of that is required in the kernel (see relevent section below) and the i.mx31 viddeo driver is definetely getting built. (See the object files below)

However, I do not see any /dev/fb0 device .... What do I need to do to get one going?

Cheers,
Bernie.

------------------------------------------  video stuff built -----------------------------------------------
 ls drivers/video/*.o
drivers/video/built-in.o     drivers/video/fbcvt.o      drivers/video/fbsysfs.o
drivers/video/cfbcopyarea.o  drivers/video/fbmem.o      drivers/video/modedb.o
drivers/video/cfbfillrect.o  drivers/video/fbmon.o      drivers/video/mx3fb.o
drivers/video/cfbimgblt.o    drivers/video/fb_notify.o
drivers/video/fbcmap.o       drivers/video/fb.o

--------------------------------------- kernel config ---------------------------------------------

#
# Graphics support
#
CONFIG_DRM=m
# CONFIG_VGASTATE is not set
# CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL is not set
CONFIG_FB=y
# CONFIG_FIRMWARE_EDID is not set
# CONFIG_FB_DDC is not set
# CONFIG_FB_BOOT_VESA_SUPPORT is not set
CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_COPYAREA=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT=y
# CONFIG_FB_CFB_REV_PIXELS_IN_BYTE is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_FILLRECT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_COPYAREA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_IMAGEBLIT is not set
CONFIG_FB_FOREIGN_ENDIAN=y
CONFIG_FB_BOTH_ENDIAN=y
# CONFIG_FB_BIG_ENDIAN is not set
# CONFIG_FB_LITTLE_ENDIAN is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SYS_FOPS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SVGALIB is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MACMODES is not set
# CONFIG_FB_BACKLIGHT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MODE_HELPERS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_TILEBLITTING is not set

#
# Frame buffer hardware drivers
#
# CONFIG_FB_S1D13XXX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL is not set
# CONFIG_FB_METRONOME is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MB862XX is not set
CONFIG_FB_MX3=y
# CONFIG_FB_BROADSHEET is not set
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LCD_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_LCD_CLASS_DEVICE=y
# CONFIG_LCD_L4F00242T03 is not set
# CONFIG_LCD_LMS283GF05 is not set
# CONFIG_LCD_LTV350QV is not set
# CONFIG_LCD_TDO24M is not set
# CONFIG_LCD_VGG2432A4 is not set
# CONFIG_LCD_PLATFORM is not set
# CONFIG_LCD_S6E63M0 is not set
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=y
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GENERIC=y
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PWM=y
# CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_ADP8860 is not set

#
# Display device support
#
CONFIG_DISPLAY_SUPPORT=y

#
# Display hardware drivers
#

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-08-16 20:23 UTC | newest]