* Ceph FileStore optimization with Intel drive and scrubbing optimization
@ 2017-06-29 16:20 LIU, Fei
From: LIU, Fei @ 2017-06-29 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development
  Cc: Sage Weil, Mark Nelson, 蔡进(柏羽), Jianjian Huo

Hi  All,
  Below link is the slides we presented today in Ceph weekly performance meeting regarding to Ceph Filestore optimization with Intel drive and scrubbing optimization.

  https://www.slideshare.net/jupiturliu/ceph-filestore-with-optane-drive-scrub-optimization

  Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

   Regards,
   James
   Alibaba Storage Team

* Re: Ceph FileStore optimization with Intel drive and scrubbing optimization
@ 2017-06-29 20:14 ` Jianjian Huo
From: Jianjian Huo @ 2017-06-29 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LIU, Fei, Ceph Development
  Cc: Sage Weil, Mark Nelson, 蔡进(柏羽)

Hi Sage and Mark,

We had another test case (24 hours filestore run with journal stored in Optane drive) done, under our write intensive workloads, we saw IOPS increased by 59%, average latency reduced by 37%, but tail latency (99.99th) went up 65%. This new result is more meaningful for our production consideration.
Do you have any thoughts on why tail latency went up?

Thanks,
Jianjian

@ 2017-06-30  1:06 ` Moreno, Orlando
From: Moreno, Orlando @ 2017-06-30  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LIU, Fei, Ceph Development; +Cc: Sage Weil, Mark Nelson, ??(??), Jianjian Huo

Hi James,

Do you know how many systems were running the RBD clients?

Thanks,
Orlando