* Fio crashes in setup_file
@ 2014-01-20 10:51 Roopeshakumar Narayansa Shalgar (rshalgar)
From: Roopeshakumar Narayansa Shalgar (rshalgar) @ 2014-01-20 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio

Hi,

The moment I define a new variable under thread_options I start seeing a crash in 'setup_files' files
Function.  Backtrace points to the following lline:

if (td->io_ops->setup).  Gdb shows the value of null for io_ops.

So essentially what's happenings is io_ops is not getting set correctly when I add a new
variable under 'thread_options' structures.

This can be easily reproduced by simply adding a variable under thread_options structiure.
No other changes are required. Can someone help?

/rK

* Re: Fio crashes in setup_file
@ 2014-01-22 22:21 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2014-01-22 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roopeshakumar Narayansa Shalgar (rshalgar); +Cc: fio

On Mon, Jan 20 2014, Roopeshakumar Narayansa Shalgar (rshalgar) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The moment I define a new variable under thread_options I start seeing
> a crash in 'setup_files' files Function.  Backtrace points to the
> following lline:
>
> if (td->io_ops->setup).  Gdb shows the value of null for io_ops.
>

> So essentially what's happenings is io_ops is not getting set
> correctly when I add a new variable under 'thread_options' structures.
>

> This can be easily reproduced by simply adding a variable under
> thread_options structiure.  No other changes are required. Can someone
> help?

Might be a build issue, try to do a make clean after modifying the
header.

--
Jens Axboe