* Re: [SPDK] Is there an issue with the builder?
@ 2019-04-03 16:06 Stojaczyk, Dariusz
From: Stojaczyk, Dariusz @ 2019-04-03 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

The RBD failure looks like a bug in iSCSI - maybe it's the same issue as in https://github.com/spdk/spdk/issues/725 ?

+CC Shuhei who's working on #725.

@ 2019-04-03 17:53 Howell, Seth
From: Howell, Seth @ 2019-04-03 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi guys,

I don't think raising the timeout is the right approach. We have it there for the purpose of killing a machine when it is hung which I believe is what is happening here. If we raise the timeout in response to timeouts, then I think we are only going to decrease the throughput of the build pool without finding the root cause.
For example, on a passing test, the rbd autotest takes about 8 minutes, and blockdev and nvme take about 5 minutes each. I think that the current timeout of 15 minutes is probably sufficient, although I am open to auditing each job to make sure there aren't any approaching too close to the proposed timeout (Maybe increase anything that normally finishes within 1 minute of the build timeout).

If there isn't a specific test or piece of code that seems to be causing a test to hang, i.e. if we see consistent timeouts on the same machine running a specific test, but those timeouts always occur at different places in the test, I think it's safe to say that there is something wrong with the way that machine is configured and it needs to be fixed up.

Thanks,

Seth

From: Stojaczyk, Dariusz @ 2019-04-03 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk